Chapter 19: His Personal Therapist

Day 26. It's been happening over and over again. Day after day, once he's done with classes, he comes with someone else. Every person he's brought, identifiably, has been rich and good looking. No specific gender or anything. Only people that make someone like myself feel insecure because we'll never have that designer purse or great hair.

But Sunwoo. Kim Sunwoo. The cute and handsome rich kid- a walking cliché. Gross. I shouldn't fall for someone basic like that... but, what can I do? He has such fluffy pink-dyed hair, a cute smile when he talks, and his cute ass f-

WAIT EW!

I've been spacing out alot, and, oddly enough, everyone is getting all too familiar with it at work. And, because it's uncontrollable, it's not my fault! As quoted by myself, 'It's not my fault if I'm naturally getting distracted by these unnatural events'.

"Hakkie..."

Of course my coworkers have seen me stare at him multiple times, and of course I've found a somewhat beleiveable excuse everytime, but everyone was still curious. And i understand why. The Ju Haknyeon, the worker that was always focused and determined (as quoted by my fellow workers), was becoming clumsy and air headed.

So obviously, my coworkers were a little worried.

But I obviously I denied to my self that none of this was actually happening.

"Haknyeon..."

But throughout all the "dates" (which is what I'm now 100% assuming they are), Sunwoo would always notice my stares and glare at me- each time clearly getting angrier.

And whenever out would eyes met, I can feel my face burning red as I turn away like a crush-diseased girl. I fucking hate this feeling I get when I see him constantly showing a nonchalant look as I glare holes into his head.

Thinking maybe if I stare long enough, his head will implode on it's self... still wishing that to be honest...

"Ju Haknyeon!"

Haknyeon jolted up with a quiet gasp, getting pulled from his deep thoughts again.

"Don't tell me you're having an inner monolouge again..."

His friend asked, shaking his head with a slight smile. The library was full today, oddly enough, so it was pretty loud today- the bustles of people reading, talking, and fucking off on all three floors. The librarian had given up on quieting everyone.

"Having an inner monolouge about myself helps me get through this tough life of mine, buddy. Helps me forget about the paper due tonight that I barely started working on..."

"Are you wanting me to pity you, Ju?"

Haknyeon scoffed.

"Hell no! What the- that's like asking an orange if you want to get peeled."

"Ohh, I see. And I guess you know the pain of being a peeled orange?"

"...maybe? You don't know me!"

Mashiho finally giggled. He set his Korean language studies book down and looked him eye to eye.

"That was the worst possible analogy you could have made."

"Oh yeah? And that was the worst thing you could have... responded with..."

"You fight like an elementary student, Ju."

They both were giggling.

Although their friendship was kinda forced for a project a week ago, they made it work out well.

Mashiho Takata, a cute (and short) Japanese kid who is taking the same dance class with him. He came to this school, with little-to no Korean knowledge, just to be an idol.

And he'll be a damn good one.

They put him in a class with eleven other students called 'Treasure' after the school tested him to see what group he'd do well with. And so far, he seems to be doing just fine.

Haknyeon, after the dance project, chose to help the kid out with school, homework, and wanting to be a good friend.

And it seems to be working out as Mashiho is getting much better at the language.

"No but seriously, why have you been spacing out recently? You okay?"

Haknyeon's smile dropped. The reasoning may sound dumb, and it is, but it's genuinely affecting his head.

"I don't know Shiho. I guess someone has been unknowingly messing with my mind."

"Oh... am I gonna have to kill someone for you? I have a habit of scouting out places around me for such occasions..."

Haknyeon had enough energy to pull a small smile, cocking an eyebrow up.

"Thanks Shiho... but what the hell kind of habit is that?"

"Now, you don't know me..."

"Oh shut it. But... what should I do?"

Mashiho pretended to think, putting a finger on his chin with his eyes clothes. Then he opens them with a sort of fake light bulb on over his head.

"How about you confront him? Subtly confront him."

Haknyeon just stared at him- like he's an idiot.

"That's gonna start something, and you know it! Plus, I don't like drama... and social confrontation with hot strangers-"

"You never mentioned he was hot! Who is he? Can you give him my number?"

"What the f- aren't you dating that Junkyu kid?"

Mashiho held a mischievous smile in his eyes as he picked up the book again.

"Whatever. Look, just find a way to slip some questions to him."

"Oh gosh, fine. Make me suffer!"

"You know I don't mind that. Like, at all. Making you suffer makes my day~"

The two giggled, basking in the comforting presence of the other. The library was starting to get quiet as classes were starting again.

"Hey, I've gotta go to class, but please tell me what happened after your confrontation!"

"Ugh... fine! But if anything bad happens to me, your not going my will!"

"Damn! Then I'll fish you out the grave and sell your body parts!"

"Looking forward to you paying my medical bills-"

"You're already going to be dead!"

They both laughed, smiling brightly. Mashiho bowed before he left, leaving Haknyeon in the barely filled library.

Man, he really wasn't looking forward to confronting someone...

AN: STAN TREASURE! Love them almost as much as I love the boyz.
Have a great day❤