10

practicing late again? 

yeah

i come over, then

I put back my phone, continued my late night practice again after texting a quick alright to Yoongi.

The concert day was coming closer and I really needed to step up my game. There were lots of choreos to memorize, not to mention the most important one, my solo performance with J-Hope. The loud music thumping from the speakers accompanied me who was sweatily dancing in front of the mirror wall. 

I heard the door open and without looking I already knew who it was. Yoongi. He came inside and sat on the floor, watching me dance. 

"Wanna be my J-Hope again?" I shouted to him in between the loud music. 

"Nah, I'm good." He grinned, waving his hand lazily at me. 

He kept watching me dance for a while, before I finally took my break. I turned down the music and walked to him, out of breath and all sweaty. I threw myself next to him, trying to catch my breath. 

"Dinner?" He asked. 

"Not yet." I answered, wiping myself with the towel. 

"I knew it." He rolled his eyes, "Here." He handed me a paper bag filled with boxes of food. 

"Ah, Yoongi! You're the best!" I cheered, looking excitedly at the foods that he brought, kimbap and jajangmyeon, my favourite. 

Without much to say, we immediately unpacked the food and ate there on the studio's floor. We chatted while eating, as usual telling stories about our day and joking around. 

"Yaah, thanks for the treat, Yoongi! It was delicious!" I grinned thankfully at him, patting my now happy tummy. 

"You're welcome. Today's my birthday anyway, so I kinda feel like treating you," Yoongi said casually, making me immediately glare at him. 

"What ?! Today's your birthday?! How come you didn't tell me?!" I smacked his arm hard. 

"Ouch! What for? It's nothing." He rubbed his arm and frowned at me, "It's just the same day as yesterday or tomorrow," He said again, making me roll my eyes annoyedly. 

"Well, at least I can prepare something for you before, get you a gift or whatever." I gave him my 'duh' look. 

"No really, you don't need to." He chuckled amusedly at my face. 

"Okay wait… let me think about it…" I thought for a while, "I can present to you my dance performance now!" I suddenly got a bright idea. 

I grabbed my phone and searched through my Spotify, looking for some classic piano instrumental music while Yoongi just sat at his place, watching me attentively. I found one that caught my ears, put it on my playlist and connected my phone to the speaker. 

"Happy birthday dear Mr. Min Yoongi, this performance is for you." I took my position in front of him, bowing and waving my salute to him, pretending to be serious as he grinned at me amusedly. 

The sound of piano flowing in the air, and as soon as the music started, I got into my real serious dance mode. 

I moved my body to the rhythm of that soft slow music, feeling every melody with all my heart. I never knew this song before, I just let my body lead my moves and hopefully formed a meaningful dance. This was the beauty of a dance, where you could express your feelings without the need for words. 

I stole a glance at Yoongi from the corner of my eyes. The grin on his face was now replaced with a serious look. He watched my dance in silence, his eyes following my every move. He looked at me with his deep gaze and unreadable expression on his face. I was just hoping that he liked my dance as I was presenting my heartfelt performance for him.

When the music stopped, I bowed to him once again, ending my performance. He clapped his hand as I smiled widely at him. 

"Woah, that was beautiful," He said, fascinated. 

"Thank you, Ara–" 

His words were cut by the loud music thumping from the speaker, the next song on my playlist. 

I immediately grabbed his hand, pulled him to his feet. 

"C'mon, let's dance the night out!" I shouted at him in between the loud music, doing some silly dance. 

Yoongi laughed and followed my moves, we did some silly dance together throughout the song. He was smiling while dancing, turning his eyes into line shaped. His happiness was contagious, seeing him smiling and laughing like this made my heart fluttered with happiness too. 

We continued our dance and laughter, accompanied with the thumping loud music. 

"Happy birthday, Yoongi! I hope you have a very happy birthday!" I shouted and grinned widely at him. 

"Thank you, Ara! Today is perfect!"

***