Chapter 10 - Epilogue

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy!
—————————————————————

Tom Riddle did not perish that day, although it was a marvel that his ripped and tattered soul withstood the impact of another backfiring curse.

As a result of his exchange with Harriet, the enchantments he had cast had been broken.

People remembered his evil deeds and saw him for the pitiable monster that he truly was, much to his dismay.

Tom was taken into custody and sent to Azkaban while the world slowly began to recover, move on, and rebuild itself.

Harriet and Severus were married in a simple ceremony in the village of Hogsmeade.

Together, they retired to a quiet life filled with warm afternoons of bright sun and lush fields of green grass.

They chose to name their daughter Eileen Lily, after her grandmothers, and watching her grow was the most blissful state of existence that Harriet and Severus had ever known.

Harriet sat next to her husband on a pleasant, spring morning, five years after Tom Riddle's downfall, while they watched little Eileen laugh and play in the lavender field outside of their cozy cottage.

"She looks like you, Sev." Harriet whispered as Severus raised her hand to his lips and pressed a gentle kiss to the back of her knuckles.

"No, she's beautiful like her mother, my love." Severus whispered with pride shining in his dark eyes as he watched their daughter.

Harriet smiled as she laid her head down on his shoulder.

Severus protectively wrapped an arm around Harriet to cuddle her close while they rested on the wooden bench and let the tranquil breeze rustle past.

The turmoil, the war, the strife......both Severus and Harriet felt like it had all been worth it in the end.

Tom Riddle's defeat had been a separate prize, but not their true triumph.

Harriet and Severus had won their fight the moment that their love had been recognized.