The Beast That Lives Within

Two heavy lift type helicopters were flying through a forest near Sierra Nevada, both of them had 'InGen' marked on each side and they were sent here to retrieve a certain dinosaur.

One of the helicopters were carrying Sedrick and Tim, they were sent out here by Lex to bring back the corpse that was spotted yesterday, and hopefully they'll be able to find out what this thing really is.

The copters flew through the forest, and Sedrick was looking for the beast, the coordinates towards it were already given but he still needed to make sure it wasn't taken away by another dinosaur because if it was then they might not be able to study it like they planned to.

"I wonder what killed it, if it was a hybrid then surely it would've been more powerful than the average dinosaur" Tim started.

"You do realize how small that thing is right? It's medium sized, it most likely was killed by a bigger predator" Sedrick replied.

"If it was then what kind? We haven't seen rexes that often and even that spinosaurus doesn't seem to show up too much" Tim added.

Tim had brought the picture with him along with a camera, mostly because he still wanted to analyze it but he has noticed something about it.

One of the legs were damaged, if he has to guess how this thing died it probably got into a fight and whatever fought it broke it's leg, but the thing was, the leg that was broken barely had any bones.

Now, he does know a t-rex can break bones if they ever get a good grip, but he's never seen damaged bones like this before, it was probably caused by something by worse than a rex bite.

And if it was then what? Tim thought that the damage was caused by a stampede of dinosaurs, maybe the dino got trampled by the stampede which could explain the damaged leg.

As the helicopters flew, Sedrick noticed something on the ground, there was a metriacanthosaurus, a very rare theropod and it was feasting on something.

Metriacanthosaurus was a dinosuar that lived in the Jurassic in what is now known as England, it's a very swift dinosuar and had two crests on it's head mostly for display purposes, this one was a grey colored one with green stripes which is quite a rare coloration among InGen variants since a majority of them are colored yellow or orange.

Sedrick looked at the theropod, it was feasting on a carcass that was slightly bigger than itself, and he knew this had to be the dinosaur they've been after.

"Pilots, lower the copters, I think we just found the carcass" Sedrick called out.

"Understood sir" one of the pilots said as the helicopters started landing near the carcass.

As the copters were landing, the metriacanthosaurus fled back into the forest as the helicopters had finally reached the ground.

Sedrick and Tim walked out of the helicopter and near the carcass which was being swarmed by bugs, Sedrick covered his nose with a napkin, he didn't like the stench coming off this thing but Tim kept moving closer.

He then pulled out the picture and looked back at the carcass in front of him, and a apart from a few pieces of missing flesh, it was an exact match of the creature in the photo.

"So? Is it the one we're after?" Sedrick asked while still covering his nose.

"Yes it is, this'll hopefully give us the opportunity to study it later" Tim answered.

But before he got back to the helicopter he was in previously he noticed something, there were footprints nearby and he instantly knew they weren't caused by the metriacanthosaurus that left earlier.