Chapter 6

Leon's POV

We were about halfway back to the resistance camp when I felt some sort of chill run up my spine.

Leon: (Grumble)

Pod 301: Is something the matter Leon?

Leon: I don't know, call it intuition but I keep feeling like something's wrong.

Pod 301: I do not detect any

Leon: No it's not the machines, but even then you weren't able to detect that guy from earlier, what was up with that anyway?

Pod 301: I have been unable to access any data from Yorha archives that might allow me to identify that individual, as for why I couldn't detect them was mostly likely due to an advanced cloaking device on them.

Leon: So for the meantime all we know is that guy just showed up out of nowhere and beat the hell out of me before leaving, ugh just another reason to want to get off this planet as soon as possible.

You know I've never really thought about it but in order for humans to survive on the moon, I wonder what sort of base has been built there in order for them to actually survive.

And what will the people there be like? based on what I've heard humanity left to the moon hundreds of years ago so all the people who first evacuated are presumably long dead which's that all the people who me and Anna are going to meet there were born and raised in the moon, it's a little concerning how our different experiences are going to influence our interactions with one another but until we get there all I can do is speculate.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw the large black metal box filled with all the vital components needed for repairing the resistance camps communications relay levitating just a few inches from my back thanks to some sort of glowing yellow glyph around it.

Leon: (This technology truly is astounding, I wonder just how it all works anyway)

Well thankfully I won't be the one putting it all together, all the tech stuff is best left to the androids...wait a minute.

Leon: Pod do you smell something burning?

Pod 301: I am incapable of the sense of smell, although I do detect faint carbon emissions in the air.

I began to look all around the city's scenery to the best of my ability from where I was

Leon: Ok but where's it coming fro-

And as I rounded a corner I gasped when I saw what looked to be several faint trails of smoke floating into the air not to far in the distance.

Leon: Is that smoke?

Pod 301: Alert, the smoke appears to be coming from the location of the android resistance camp.

Leon: Oh no, Anna!

I began to sprint towards the resistance camp sword and dagger in hand as fast as I could, a few machines for in my way but Pod blasted h to me with their laser and either killed them or just pushed them out of my way, at one point one of those medium sized machines for in my way but as it swung at me I used my momentum to slide down in the ground while holding my sword up and sliced the machine in half.

I heard the sound of the machine falling apart as I ran up the hill and through the gateway to the android resistance camp which I noticed was smashed apart and knocked down to create a much larger opening before finally making my way into said camp.