Chapter 8 - Because It's His Choice

(GALLIS POV)

As a member of the dragon tribe, I can use my magic to share my life with someone else.

It can be said that me and that person are always connected, but... That man is... To put it plainly, the word Yuki used when I spoke about him was, "Bitch. What a bitch he is!" It must be is a common phrase in Japan.

But he's very kind and I could say that we're even a good friends... That's right, I'm actually the 'friend' who can tells how many guys he slept with and also, in which department of the organization they all work.

So far, I have not tried to stop him even though he has been the constant target of words, rumors and bad looks. It's his life after all... I guess he can do whatever he wants with it, can't he?

We made a contract when he was a newborn because I wanted to. Because I was sad, because I felt that it was the least I could do for poor Chikayuki who was crying uncontrollably while holding his baby's body... Sui and I owe nothing to each other. We are not a partner, nor destined and our magic would not have combined well if it's not because of my blood.

His parents are pair, his siblings also have their own pair. Maybe he acts that way because he wants to find his too? I promised to protect him until he find his pair. What difference did it make in the first place?

I was seriously thinking about it while drinking alcohol, a wine that was strong enough to burn my throat... Lately I spend a lot of time here in Dragnea.

Dragnea...

He was born here, when I forcibly brought his mother to save my 'partner terribly in love with my older brother.' He died... And to save him I gave him a part of my soul.

His father cut off my left arm so whenever I come to this place, I feel awkward and ashamed when I remember the stupid and terrible things I did. It can't be helped, this is my punishment. I declined Chikayuki's offer to regenerate my arm because I can live perfectly well without it anyway.

I have changed, the years have made me a sentimental and soft creature that decides to return to Dragnea whenever it feels that he has finally lost his way. I think of my old love, my old life. I think of my brother's family, I talk to Yuki and I see my nephew while I drink and then I go to sleep.

So even though I thought this would be the case again, an unexpected visitor arrived right at my door. I tried to keep my mind normal and focused, but it was certainly starting to turn into a blurry haze.

There are two very familiar magic flows hovering nearby.

A disconcerting presence.

"Gallis, I'll go in. It's okay?"

A familiar voice was heard along with the sound of someone opening the door. It's definitely Yuki's voice... But what surprised me wasn't that.

When the door opens and hits the wall, Sui also appears.

I knew he is here, even though I couldn't see him well.

"I brought Sui-kun this time."

Shit.

"My baby is sick. Is it okay if I leave earlier and leave you two by yourselves?"

"Yeah, right... Thank you, Yuki. Take care of yourself and take good care of your new baby."

"Take care, too."

After having a short conversation, Yuki came out and disappeared almost immediately.

"Yuki is incredible... What an impressive level of magic for a human, don't you think so?"