Chapter 6 - My Beloved Person

(RICHT POV)

I woke up in my room.

The face that was looking at me from the side of the bed is very familiar. He looks like my mom, but the color of his eyes is the same as my dad, Gale has.

" Who?..."

"God, you finally woke up. It makes me very happy! Berg and Ade came to visit you a while ago..."

"Sui... Why are you...?"

"Hikaru said he's coming in the afternoon, and, Mom... Mom had to feed the babies, so that's why I here."

"No. Why am I here? What happened...?"

"You're here because some fucking idiots hurts you a week ago... Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Now you have stay calm and just relax, and the first thing you need to achieve that is a good hydration."

Sui handed me a glass of plain water, but his fingers were shaking too much when he handed it.

It has a lid and a straw, and he then helped me get up straight enough on the mattress. This way I wouldn't have to worry about soaking my entire chest.

"Do you want me to explain...?"

"Oh yeah."

"They drugged you to carry out a stupid plan to overthrow Theo's reign. Did you know?"

"I knew... No, please wait. And Wayne? He was my colleague..."

"I think... I'll explain later." 

Sui speaks as he deftly peels a fruit peel with his scalpel. 

"I'll just tell you that nothing that happened next was pleasant. Our parents had to do things 'legally' before they shoved their swords down enemy throats as we can gathered the testimony of the man who... The man who attacked you."

"Did that man alive?"

"Well, you can just consider him died. Ade and I tried the best we could, but you don't know how difficult it is to heal broken bones when our dad keeps breaking them again..."

"Ade and you?"

"So it is. And mom too... I was very worried. You were really in a bad condition, really bad! How can I going to keep staying in the lab? What the use would I have for you if I stay there?"

Sui takes a fork and plunges it into the fruit. It was a small, juicy watermelon, but I didn't really have much of an appetite. He looked at me the same way Mom did when I was a baby. God. I am weak before this little brother who looks a lot like my mother! So I ended up opening my mouth every time he asked.

The acidity is stronger than the sweetness, but it has a lot of water and my throat feels great every time I bite down and swallow it.

"I'm sorry. Did it hurt or...? Is it very cold?"

"No, it's okay... Can you tell me about Wayne now?"

"Oh, of course..."

"He's not like that, Sui. He's a good man. There must have been a good reason behind all this."

"Yes, I know... Apparently he was forced to do it because his younger brother was kidnapped. He returned to the capital with muddy feet and a bottle that contained with the drug that he gave you. He told your captain what had happened and also properly informed our parents."