Chapter 1 - In The Night Forest

(MINTZ POV)

Was it just after I turned eighteen? At that time, I was able to spend my days as a pharmacist apprentice in my guild and as a part of training, I came to Urfair, a place where many rare medicinal herbs naturally grow everywhere.

I found myself completely lost when I was looking for the medicinal herbs that was growing on the south side.

The sun sets as I walked through the branches and the darkness gradually begins to surround me... I thought it would be quite dangerous to keep walking in this condition so I decided to take a rest next to a large tree nearby until dawn.

I thought I was lucky to have a handful of food and plenty of drinking water with me. Obviously, I figured I could hold it a little longer. There was nothing special to do while I waited... And to my bad luck, I began to heard something tearing a nearby tree! Shit! Could it be the work of a demonic beast? I have little combat skills and if he comes for me I will definitely be killed with a single move.

When I stood up and turned around slowly to avoid making noise, I heard a scream right behind me.

And a thousand times shit!

I'm a rabbit, so I should be able to run fairly fast... Right? Right?! 

I ran as much as I could and crossed trees and plants, trunks, jumped small puddles and then I went on running... But my physical strength didn't last much more than a few kilometers.

After a while, my feet finally lost it strength and my breathing was completely heavy. To make the matters worse, I felt the roar I heard from behind getting closer and closer! Oh, I'm destined to die. I close my eyes as I pray for it to be something quick and not so painful.

At that moment, I heard a voice from the top of a tall tree.

"Hey, are you the pharmacist who came from Leonidas?"

The voice sounds like a child's.

"Ah? Yes."

That person jumped in front of me from that tall tree. What the hell? I can't believe he  jumped from  height!

The young man in front of my eyes, illuminated by the natural light of the moon, has wolf ears that grow out of his short gray hair. He grinned widely and showed me a bright, clean blue eyes.

"I was  curious about you so I came to see you."

"Thanks for that, but I don't have time for friendly introductions. It seems that a demon has been chasing me for a long time already...!"

"Oh? Why are you afraid? Am I not here right next to you?"

Saying that, he holds a kind of bow in his hands and pulls out of the strange object that hangs from his back, a small but long red arrow.