Chapter 15 - This Is Strange

(JOFA POV)

My name is Jofa, a human being who recently turned 16 years old. My family originally escaped from the eyes of the beasts that recruited slaves and lived in a quiet place called Hidden Village, but now, they live in Leonidas.

I was born here so I don't know about the details, but my parents seemed to have had a lot of problems in the past. Even now, when they see a beastman approaching, they will take a few steps back, so you can tell that they are quite scared.

After I graduated from school, I started working in a famous chain of food stores called Onigiri-ya, which my boss Chikayuki-sama founded. He's a wonderful guy! I don't know him in person, but he is famous for being an exemplary doctor... He also was the one that spread the culture of food in many stores around the world. Ah, his culinary skills are something I crave with life. He led me into my decision to become a cook! Therefore, Chikayuki-sama is my role model. A person that I respect and adore.

And recently, I have a lover.

That person always came here to ask for the same thing everytime. He bought lunch boxes that contained rice balls and meat sandwiches. The person I am talking about is very tall and very muscular, unlike poor humans who are small and short, like me. I think it is probably a bear since it has small circular ears on the top of his head... However, his face appears to be expressionless and very scary to his colleagues, but I never thought that way. He's certainly has a weird expression on his face, but when I gave him his lunch and talk to him about the food, he smiles so brightly that I thought from the start that he was more like a cool type person.

However, the reason I became a lover of that man was because I'm too helpless on my own. One day after my work was finished, I had to go through the municipal park to go home... I got the impression that a large beast, who was sitting on the bench in the corner, was looking too much fiercely at the little human that I represented. As expected, I was a little scared and thinking about the worst that may happen. That's when he helped me. He greeted me as if we were close friends, walked with me, and escorted me until my front door. I felt so protected by him that after a couple of months I just went and asked him to go out with me.

My lover's name is Berg.

Berg, who was quite a bit older than me, was a member of Knight of the Guard. What I discovered was that he was a very serious person, quite an honest and strong kind of bear. Well, he can be scary, but he almost always laughing when he was with me and talks to me a lot, even though he doesn't seem to be good at it.

And just the other day, Berg and I finally crossed the line.

He came to my house, cooked for me, and while we were talking about our days, he suddenly kissed me... Then he started touching me. He's a gentleman who was gentle in bed and although I was a bit surprised by his size, I liked that he looked absolutely happy just with being with me. That kind of thing has never happened to me before.

Some time later, Berg invited me to his parents' house. He told me that he wanted to introduce me to his mom and dad and the rest of his family as well. That was a huge step! First of all, besides his parents, Berg apparently seems to have quite a few siblings, so possibly I'll have to stop to say hi to all of them. And how is that done?

I was immediately concerned that we were in an upscale residential area. How much exactly does a knight earn? I heard that many of them come from the royal capital and maybe, Berg is a noble... We didn't talk much about him because he seems to be more interested in what I talked.

He was a little anxious... But he still took me immediately to his house.

Yes, as expected... This is crazy. The large garden has well-kept trees and flowers and actually looks like a miniature forest. How many rooms can you build here? Yes, Berg is certainly rich.