10- comfort

chapter told from Y/N's perspective

I shoot up in bed around 3 am, someone is calling me... I groan and reach for my phone, it's William... I answer "what the hell! I'm trying to sleep ya know." William sighs "I know I'm sorry but Evan has been crying for almost half an hour now, he won't tell any of us what happened and he keeps begging me for you, please I need you to come to calm him down" I sighed deeply, you PINKY promised evan you'd protect him "alright... give me a minute"

I got out of bed and put on some pants, I slipped on your comfy shoes and headed out the door, I got in the car and drove over to Williams, I were always one to watch the road even as a passenger so I knew how to get to Williams house from when he took me, I parked in the driveway and knocked don his front door

I could hear him rushing to the door, he swung it open "Y/N!" he looked like a panicked mess, as though he'd been up for hours, I kiss his cheek as I walk in "calm down dear, I'll take care of this" I smiled softly at him and he seemed to ease up, I walked upstairs to Evans room I could hear him sobbing, "it's me evan, Y/N" he rushed up and opened the door, as soon as he did I scooped him up in my arms and sat on his bed holding him like a baby "what's wrong bud?" 

he sniffled "I keep h-having these horrible nightmares and..." he hugged me tightly sobbing into my shoulder "it's okay evan, you don't have to tell me" he clung onto me like a lost kitten, the poor little guy was so scared... I sat back facing the corner of his bed and I held him as he snuggled in my lap, normally I'm not very fond of kids but evan is so sweet, the poor kid just needs someone to be there for him, it must be rough growing up with essentially no mother...

"yknow evan, sometimes when I have scary dreams I get really sad and scared, the other day your dad had to come to help me because of a dream I had" he wiped the tears from his eyes "really?"    "mhm, really" he smiled tiredly before snuggling against me, "Y/N?"  "yes, evan?"  "could you sing Me to sleep"

I'm not very fond of singing in front of other people but I think evan deserves it "sure" he smiles, (Idk about ya'll but I'm singing dos oruguitas) I think of some random lullaby and sing it for him gently petting his head, he slowly falls asleep in my arms, William slowly opens the door and chuckles quietly when he sees evan sleeping soundly in my arms, he whispers "I think you're stuck here" I softly chuckle  and nod, we both knew he'd wake up if I moved

William leaves the room and I softly hum to myself before eventually falling asleep as well