Not so child things

Camila.

My eyes open and I immediately groan, the thumping in my head agonizing.

After a minute of just laying there I pick my head up off of the pillow, immediately bunching my eyebrows in confusion.

This isn't my bedroom.

It's a... hotel .... room...

I turn my head as I see brown curls in the corner of my eye, I wasn't alone in the bed.

Shawn?

I reach out and proceeded to shake his shoulders to wake him out of his slumber.

,"Shawn! Shawn wake up"!

His eyes snap open, a confused expression settling on his face as he looks at me.

," Mila? What are you doing in my room"? He questions tiredly, his voice raspy and laced with sleep.

" do you remember anything from last night"?

," it's all a blur, do you"?

I close my eyes, getting lost in thought.

....,.,

The heated summer night air brushed against my face , My Curls flying loosely along with the slight breeze as I made my way to my best friend's house , which was right across the street from mine.

My feet stumbled upon the" welcome" mat at the front door of the Mendes household, The Familiar soft fabric that I've felt a million times before was comforting against my sandals

I felt the hardwood of the door against my knuckles As I knocked, the door opened slightly and out came Shawn's head, eyebrows raising," what's the password"? He asked playful laced upon his tone.

I thought for a moment before replying," I wanna say Camila's the bestest best friend in the world"?

Shawn cracked a smile smile," no but that would be a good password, you have one more chance, guess again!"

I thought for another moment, placing my pointer finger on my chin, before it hit me, I threw my finger up in the air, a grin spreading across my features," I love muffins"!

He nodded excitedly, a childish grin on his face, he moved so that I could step inside, the scrumptious smell of Karen's famous chocolate chip cookies that she's an expert at making feeling my senses as soon as I stepped in the house that I call my second home.

I immediately ran in the kitchen, seeing Karen closing the oven door, standing up from the squatting position she was in moments prior.

" ,cookies"! I couldn't help but yell excitedly as I stepped into the kitchen.

She laughed lightly, turning around to face me, her baking apron still around her waist.

" ,hi sweetie",  she came around the counter and embraced me in a warm mama bear hug," where's Shawn"?

", in the living room, I ditched him as soon as I smelled the cookies".

She laughed, rubbing my back lovingly, before pulling away from the embrace

" ,how's school going"? She asked as she sat down on a stool at the island, turning her body towards me slightly, arm wrestling against the granite top counter.

", oh you know, same old same old, teachers yelling , a bunch of work".

",Aw, I'm sorry hun, wait you're doing that work right"?!

I giggled Softly, putting my hands in the pockets of my Kathy colored pants, as my glance shifted down to the hardwood cream colored kitchen floor," yes"