Secret hideout

Camila.

His wet curls hung by his eye neatly, his arms resting on the hard Brownwood of the balcony. He did this often, to clear his head. I was tempted to go out there to comfort him, but I knew he needed space right now.

Instead I just watched closely, his jaw was tensed, eyes red and puffy, a blank expression upon his face, I hated that, I hated that I couldn't tell what he was thinking, it made my stomach twist.

How was I supposed to comfort him? I can usually make him at least smile when he's feeling upset, but how in the world was I supposed to Comfort him when his dad randomly showed up at the door out of jail? What was I supposed to do to help?

I heard a sigh next to my ear, making me look over my shoulder, Karen was standing there, her eyes fixated on the same site as mine, Shawn.

I couldn't look at her right now, so I just turned my gaze back to my best friend who was now gone from the frame.

My stomach dropped, it twisted and turned with worry, I ran, I ran out of that door, I didn't know where I was going but all I knew was that I needed to find him.

I could hear the faint sound of Karen calling my name, I drowned it out, and and it shortly disappeared as my bare feet hit against the grass with every step I took.

I didn't know much about his dad, he didn't talk about it much, not even with me.

I wasn't around when his dad was, all I know is that he's a drunk and is constantly in and out of jail, the last time he was out of jail Shawn was 15.

I remember his dad coming to the house, he took a beer and left, a week later we heard he was back in jail after drunkly hitting a car, the people in the car survived though.

I began to run out of breath as I ran, I stopped running for a moment putting my hands on my knees I bent down, panting, how far had he gone?

The pit in my stomach begin to grow with every step I took, it hit me then, I blinked a few times before I finally began to run to the destination he had to be at,

I turned around, running back to where this all started, the house.

Once I had gotten back there I was a sweating mess, the beads of sweat running down my face, my cheeks, my forehead, my back, even my legs, I wanted to rip off my pants to get rid of the Heat

I couldn't focus on that right now, I ran to the backyard, and standing in front of the destination I couldn't help but smile, we had a lot of memories here, some good, some bad, some a mix of both.

I walked over to the ladder, I was scared, Shawn was always here to cheer me on, I took a deep breath and began to climb up the treehouse.

I grunted once I got all the way up there, I let go of the ladder, even if I desperately didn't want to, putting my feet in front of me I stepped into our secret hideout, the one we hadn't been in ,in years.

Karen built this for us when we were 10, everything still looks the same, maybe a little bit dustier, the colorful drawings were bolted onto the wall, the polka dot rug with purple, yellow, and green polka dots was still laid across the hard floor, once I had learned to do cartwheels at the age of 11 I had taught Shawn, we would spend hours cooped up in here, Shawn complaining that it was stuffy, but I could care less I was just happy to have my best friend want to learn activities that I could teach him.

My eyes looked up at the desk that was in the corner, the drawings hanging below it, Shawn sat at the desk, his back facing me I could see his brown curls, I could tell he had been running his fingers through them, even from the back.

," I feel like I have deja vu," my voice was quiet, but loud enough for him to hear, especially because of how silent it was in the small room.

I heard him exhale, before turning around to look at me, his eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks inflated,

," I can't hide from you can I "? He spoke after a minute of Silence.

I flashed him a small smile as I walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder," nope", my voice was still soft and quiet.

----

Next chapter you guys are in for a backstory you need to prepare for