Heights

Age 11

Camila

The pile of dirt built up its collection on my shoes as I ran on the playground, the cold November wind claiming my hair with its powerful blow.

Laughter emerged from my belly as I ran away from Andyanna. We were playing tag, and for some reason she was only going after me, it was kind of annoying but I was enjoying it.

,"Ha! Tag your it"! She called, very close to my ear, ow! Why did she have to shout?

,"I don't wanna play anymore", I mumble, dragging my dirty covered shoes over to the brick wall, and Slumping my back down against it, laying my arms on top of my knees, as I watched the other kids run, sometimes I felt like I didn't belong.

," what's a matter"? I heard a voice ask, making me look over my shoulder, a boy with length blonde hair and blue eyes was standing there staring back at me.

I stayed silent, so he sat down.

," my best friend Shawn would've played with me if we went to the same school", I said quietly after a few minutes of silence.

," well maybe I can be your best friend here", he replied.

I whipped my head around and stared at him like he had 10 heads he stared back, the next thing I know he was itching closer and I couldn't stop him.

A warm...wet.. feeling could be felt as he collapsed his lips with mine, I quickly pushed him away, running to ask one of the teachers if I could go inside to wash my mouth out

," not being in the same school as you, sucks"! I exclaim, dramatically flopping down on his bed

He was laying down on his back on the same bed as me, his homework sheet being held up on his stomach, big oval glasses that no one could take seriously scanning over the sheet.

His eyes wandered up to mine, giving me a big mysterious grin," I know what we could do to make you feel better" he says in mischievous tone, making me grin back at him.

," what"? I leaned in, listening curiously to what he had to say.

," how about you teach me how to do cartwheels up in the cave"? The cave was what we called our tree house, I know not very original.

I immediately jump up from the bed, speeding outside to the backyard, I don't think my legs have ever carried me so fast before.

I felt Shawn right on my trail, laughing at how fast I was going.

Once we reached the backyard, I slowed down, suddenly becoming nervous of having to climb the ladder, I kind of was afraid of heights.

I felt Shawn squeeze my hand from beside me, making me gain enough confidence to slowly walk up to the ladder. Putting my hand with light blue chipped nail polish, on the light brown painted wood that was already beginning to chip with just how much we come up here, I blew a breath into my cheeks before I slowly started to climb, Shawn keeping his hand Tangled in mine until I was up on the hard floor.

," you good"? His little voice called out from Below, his hands hovering over his mouth to make his voice louder.

," yeah"!

," okay I'm on my way up"! He called, before climbing the ladder.

Once he got up and was standing in front of me he realized," shoot, I should have brought Waters", he began to climb back down," I'll be right back", he told me.

," ew, waters are gross, bring me a Gatorade" !

He turned around and looked at me," you're getting water", he said sternly.

I huffed, going over and sitting in the desk chair, admiring the drawings as I did.

A few minutes later, Shawn appeared with two bottles of water in one hand, and I was seriously considering asking him how he could climb a ladder with two water bottles and only one free hand.

," here you go, honey", he said handing me my cold water, my heart melted at the nickname.

," thanks, Canada" I said before flashing him a smile, one he quickly returned.

He Stood Beside Me, placing his hand on his hip, opening the cap before taking a sip.

I just set mine on the ground, before standing up and clapping my hands, showing him that I want to get down to business.

30 minutes passed, we were sweaty and out of breath, I seriously dreaded taking a sip of that water, but in my current condition I had no choice but.To do such thing.

I picked it up slowly, with skeptical eyes, before Shawn's voice rang through my ears," for god sakes, Mila! It's just water"!

He was right, I seriously need to get over this, shaking my head and exhaling a breath, I twisted the cap open, tilting it and taking a tiny sip, before immediately regretting it, and gagging.

," oh God! Mum"! Shawn called worryingly, but it was too late I had already thrown up a little bit of my lunch from earlier.

," honey, you need to sit down", he was already by my side helping me sit on the chair that I was on earlier, kneeling down in front of me once I got comfortable.

," at least it was cold", I said Softly, cracking a little smile, we both laughed.

A few minutes pass by, Shawn was now sitting on the desk that the chair was close to, the chair was pulled out far enough to where Weren't neck to Neck though.

," how was school"? He asked after a few minutes of silence.

The boy kissing me flashed in my mind, Shawn must have seen the disgusted look on my face because he added," I take it not too well"? He spoke like an adult.

," A boy kissed me".

He raised his eyebrows a surprised look on his face, " was it nice"? He asked, in a soft curious tone.

I Shrugged my shoulders," I guess... I didn't really get the time to register it though, because I pushed him away".

He was quiet for a few seconds, staring down at his lap, as though in thought," if you get a second chance at it, would you take it"? He raised his eyebrows once more, wait a second...was he asking.....?

," yeah..." I said in a whisper, my chin being lifted up by a finger a few moments later.

He leaned in slowly, giving me the option to pull away if I wanted to, but I was far too curious for that.

I repeated the motion, causing our lips to meet in a lock for a few seconds, his lips were warm, plump, moist, but also small, you can tell that he hasn't kissed much before, but it was decent, and I found myself thoroughly enjoying the kiss.

We pulled away a few seconds later, exchanging Small smiles," thank you".

," you're welcome".

---

Happy Fourth of July!

This wasn't the sad chapter I was planning to write, you guys are lucky next chapter you need to prepare though