Drunken suggestion

Shawn 

," Mila"! I shout, shaking her shoulders delicately, snapping her out of the daze she was currently in.

She looks at me for a moment and her cheeks immediately begin to grow Rosy.

," what"? I look down where her eyes are currently attached to my bare chest, oh no... I immediately duck my head under the covers, okay boxes are on but nothing else.

I hear a shriek and I look up, Mila's face is dangerously pale- almost as if she's seen a ghost- as her eyes are locked down on the floor- looking at the source I suppose.

She dashes her head under the sheets just like I had done moments prior, and that's when it clicks, her underwear.

,"Shawn d- did we"? She starters out the question , covering her body up even tighter under the blankets.

," I- I don't know..."

", Manchild"! I heard Camilla's voice echo in a shout from behind me, as I ran over to the slide that I was bound to get stuck on but I couldn't care less.

Technically I wasn't a man yet, considering the fact that I just turned 17 and you have to be 18 to move out of your parents house, so I have to make it fun while it lasts

,"oh come on Cabello! You know you wanna join ',

I turn my body to face her, she's looking down at the ground, hands in the pockets of her saggy green colored pants, a slight pink color appearing on her cheeks, as she bites her lip- something she always does when she knows the other person is right-

This made a cocky smirk come over my features knowing I won this conversation.

Later that night we were chilling on the couch eating the take out we got, might not be the best for a birthday dinner but I don't really mind.

 ,"hey", Camila's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

,"hm"? I I asked midbite of my lomein noodles, my eyes flickering up to look at her.

," are those beers still in your Dad's mini fridge"? She questioned while chewing.

My eyebrows furrowed," are you serious"?

," yeah sure why not? After all you said we could last night".

," no, I said we could do some not so child things".

," what else could you have meant by that"?

I sighed, she had a point.

," let me check".

I stepped out of the living room and into my parents room where my dad spends most of his time, if he's even here.

Luckily my mom was out for The Weeknd, so we wouldn't have to worry about having to act normal when we had a hangover tomorrow morning.

I grabbed a few beers out of the fridge before heading back into the living room, where Mila sat patiently waiting.

," yay! You're the best"! She jumped up from her seat on the couch quickly stealing a beer from my bicep.

I sat the rest down on the black coffee table, the light in the house dim as I went into the kitchen and opened up the fridge.

," before we get too drunk I at least wanna do this", I grabbed the plastic container, the vanilla cupcake sitting inside of it as I sat it down on the island and opened up one of the drawers, grabbing the pack of candles.

," hey can you go in my parents room for me and grab the blue lighter that's sitting on the dresser"?

She whines," but you were just in there".

," I know, but I forgot it, please"? I ask again as she looks at me over the back of the couch, giving her the best puppy eyes I possibly could.

," fine".

A few minutes later she comes back with the blue lighter in her hand and I grab it from her, lighting the green candle that I stuck in the vanilla frosting while she was was gone.

," happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Shawn, happy birthday to you", she sings happily with her magical voice, and I find myself getting lost in it for just those few short seconds.

I blow out the candle with a light breath , my eyes closed.

," what'd you wish for"? she questioned and I just rolled my eyes because she does this every year.

," you don't need to know", I walked back into the living room with the cupcake and her following behind.

," oh come on! Please"?

I gently ripped the cupcake in half, making sure to not get too much frosting on my hands before turning around and handing one of the halfs of the cupcake to her, like I've done since second grade," that's not gonna work on me Mila, you know that", I said after saw her pounding her lip out.

," you're no fun", she crosses her arms before taking the spot on the couch that was next to mine and eating her half of the cupcake.

," sorry,  you know the rules, the wish won't come true if I tell you" I took a bite of my half of the cupcake, opening up a beer to wash it down.

If only she knew my wish has been the same every year since I turned 13, it just hasn't came true yet but I refuse to lose hope.

Ew! why do people drink beer? It's disgusting!

My face must have shown The disgust I was feeling,  because I heard her Wonderful laughter from beside me.

," oh you think this is funny huh"? I gently tipped the beer can that she was bringing up to her lips

She swallowed it after hesitating for a moment.

Now it was my turn to laugh at the disgusted look on her face.

" SHAWN"! She shouted and I immediately took a run for it.

Later that night I was sitting in the recliner chair that was in the living room, I've had a few drinks at this point so I was starting to feel the buzz, I still don't get why my dad is so addicted to this feeling.

I opened another one just for the fun of it after all it was my birthday.

I took a sip before a fun idea popped in my head.

" let's get married"! I said to Mila, who was sitting across from me on the couch.

If only I knew what that drunken suggestion had in store for me.

-----

As you may have noticed I changed the name of the book to" happily ever after",  you will see a why I did that in a little while❤❤