Everything would disappear

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT AND TRAUMA:

Shawn

I've been wanting to protect Mila from this, truth is, my father is a monster, the backstory of how they met isn't all butterflies sprinkle rainbow Cotton Candy Land like most of the fairy tales are, in fact I don't even think I can use the term" Fairy Tail".

But the way she was staring at me at this moment told me she wanted answers, and she wanted them now.

I let out a sigh," it's a long story", my voice sounded worn out, probably from all the crying I've done.

Her face softened up just slightly," I'm listening" her tone of voice wasn't quiet like it was a few minutes prior, in fact it was almost like she was demanding answers without saying it.

Once she had her eyes set on something, she wouldn't let it go, it was something I admired of her, but also seriously annoyed, and this was one of those times where it annoyed the hell out of me.

Most of the time we were playful, little kids at heart, but we knew when it would become serious, and this was one of those moments, I knew it, and I'm pretty sure she knew it too.

My mother had told me this story when I was 15, for a while I let it eat me alive, let it dig a black hole into my soul, but it was like when Mila was around she was the Band-Aid for that hole.

I let out a sign once more," it was prom night for my mom, she didn't have a date, so the original plan was just to hang out with a group of friends, but she got bored during the night and snack off, she was walking in the middle of the road... and...." I took a deep breath, my shoulders rising and falling," that's where she met him".

Mila looked at me, and I think she figured out where I was going with this, because her face fell, and she looked at me with soft eyes, like I was a piece of glass that could break at any moment, and that's exactly what I didn't want, but I continued with the story, even if every part of me, inside was hurting, she deserved to know the truth

," he cornered her against a wall, and..." here come the tears," raped her".

"Oh shawn " she walked closer to me, sitting on my lap, she took my cheeks in her hands and rubbed with her thumbs," I am so sorry".

I wanted to tell her it's okay, I wanted to tell her everything is fine, but I knew it would be a lie, so I kept my mouth shut as she rested her forehead against mine, her bottom lip trembling as she breathed.

," sometimes I wonder, would I be loved more if I was planned, and would my life be better if I had a father figure that wasn't like him".

She looked at me, her face twitching into something I couldn't quite read.

But she didn't say anything, she just sat with me, in the same position, sometimes Whispering sweet things in my ear.

At that moment it felt like everything would disappear if she left me.

At that moment, it felt like the world would crumble into a million pieces if she ever took one step out of my life, and I knew I wasn't going to let that happen.

So I did the next best thing I could think of.

," Mila," she looked at me," I have feelings for you".