57. Loose Ends

Phillip Watson would not be contacting Marcy Jean anytime soon

Not by any choice, because if he had one, I know he'd immediately contact his beloved daughter-- warn her. We can't have that, even with the amount of pain and intermitted ruling inside of my head telling me to just help her. The plan must continue. Based on the cacophonous shouts erupting from his chamber every hour, it's a clear indication that the kid hadn't been so kind when dragging him here and pushing him into the block. 

If I had known weeks ago that Mr. Brock had been planning against his ex-wives' new boyfriend and her daughter, I would've kept out of this entire thing from the moment I moved here. He knew long before I did the relation that MJ Watson has with New York's finest hero, and somehow, Eddie Brock had figured it out before his father could even tell him.

As for the douche's mother? I'm not sure she knows anything about what's going on. To top that off, Eddie Brock has been an absolute nuance since he's gained some sort of power over the Oscorp Operation that I've found myself over. 

I didn't expect any different, truthfully. 

I knew he was an absolute shitbag the moment that I met him in that lobby. Had I known that he's the child of the only man in the entire building, I might've cared more about him getting into the sub levels. 

Since then, he's resented me despite us being on the same page for this entire plan. 

Peter Parker was not affected enough by the symbiote, and it seems that we may have underestimated his internal strength and strife when we unleashed it into his home. Alongside that, MJ Watson has also been reinstated into his life fully. 

Phillip Watson was supposed to be involved from the beginning of the Brock plan anyways, but not on this level. He was supposed to be left in the chamber in the sub level, bribed of information and dried completely of tolerance for the interrogations. He was supposed to be a minor asset, something we could afford to lose. 

Now that things have changed, he's more of a prominent figure. So long as MJ Watson is involved with the publicly masked web-slinger, we'll have to wait until the perfect moment to have Phillip Watson contact his daughter-- and it won't be in a reunion type of way. 

Marcy is a weakness for Peter Parker, everyone is clear on that subject. Therefore, the moment she struggles to save her father from his impending doom, Peter Parker will have no choice but to crumble. 

This wasn't supposed to happen. 

She was supposed to simply hate him, want to be as far away as possible from the vigilante and resent Peter Parker for becoming the worst thing she had ever imagined-- his own worst enemy. She was supposed to stray from him and completely disassociate herself from his existence entirely. 

Did she do that? No. 

She did the opposite, and now we've lost leverage. 

"Sorry that it took so long," she smiled apologetically, glancing down at her menu and sucking a breath in, "I dropped my phone in the bathroom and I spent a good minute praying I hadn't cracked the screen."