69. I Know Places

Cameras. Cameras were everywhere. 

Cameras hidden in the walls, in the ceilings, even the doors. Every single corner of this building had been accounted for, and it was purposefully so. Only a fool would walk into Oscorp and expect to find a hidden alcove to hide from watching eyes. 

There were none.

This is crossing my mind not only for the fact that I'm constantly watched, but more importantly they are. Right now, they're being watched. By hundreds. 

While none of us expected the plan they'd so secretly crafted to be acted out today, the goal remained the same: destroy Peter Parker. As much as I wanted to prioritize the feeling I had sizzling beneath the cold heart my Oscorp peers have experienced, I also had hope she'd understand. 

"If she gets bitten, we may have to eliminate her," the older, female voice next to me spoke. 

A reminder. I hated that this reminder worked here within the industry, knowledgeable of everything going on against these innocent people yet still so focused on the final win. 

As much as I'd grown to hate this cruel woman, I had to agree with her in some way.

Just not that way. MJ would not be killed if she was bitten, they just didn't know that yet. 

"We may need to keep her if she is," I responded, quickly adding, "do some testing so we'll be more prepared in the future."

She hummed, the melodic rhythm of her voice breaking under a tense gaze of the Brocks walking into the room. The room full of camera screens, all eyes on them, on the bottom floor.

"Yes. And then we will have to consider the proper outcome of her existence, as hateful as that seems. Parker has proven to be a menace to our operations and is even the sole reason for the Osborn failure. She loves him and will likely continue his reputation when he dies. That is, if she's bitten."

I hated how that sounded.

"She won't be bitten."

Her aged, emerald eyes tried to capture my own as I observed Eddie sprawl out into a chair near us, watching MJ run towards her father on the big screen.

I was against capturing him, but Dr. Brock insisted that it would be meaningful leverage. As if Nancy wasn't enough pain for MJ.

"We don't know she won't be bitten. Once Parker gets to that room--"

"Once Parker gets to that room, they're going to do whatever they can to get symbiote out of him," Eddie interrupted, glancing towards the woman's dreadful stare. 

My heart thumped rapidly in my chest, the idea of how they could possibly suck it out of his body and brain appearing inside of my mind. 

"They can't get it out," I murmured, trying to convince the rest of the room otherwise.