Chapter 3

{Aomine POV}

After sitting on the roof and contemplating what she said, I decided to follow after her.

I ran down the stairs and out of the school, looking around to see if she decided to wait for me.

Obviously not. Where is she? Did she go home?

That's most likely.

I walked quickly, not wanting to run. I passed by the big pond of water that always forms whenever it rains. An old lady was dusting her blanket.

"Hey, Ms!" She looked up at me. "Have you seen a high school student around here? She has short pink hair and stuff!"

"Yes, yes! Are you her boyfriend?" She asked. "She fell into the pond earlier, and I'm a bit worried!"

"Where'd she go to?"

"That way, I think!"

She pointed towards the way to her house. "Alright, thanks, Ms!"

She waved as I ran to her house, passing by the basketball courts we used to play in.

. . .

"Sat...suki...? Satsuki!"

She was on the floor, blood all over her body, in front of her own house. Her uniform was wrinkled and parts of it were ripped. Her body was dripping wet, the water mixing in with what seemed to be her blood.

"O-Oi, what happened? Satsuki!" I kneeled down and shook her, my own hands trembling. "Did someone attack you? What bastard attacked you, hah?!"

She opened her eyes. They didn't shine anymore. They were dull, like a pink that had accidentally mixed with a dark, black paint. She didn't respond.

"Satsuki!"

"Oh, for fucks sake!" The front door slammed open, making me flinch. A middle-aged man came stomping out, a bottle of beer in his hand. "Leave my damn property! You're being fucking loud!"

It took me a second to realize that there was blood on his hand. "...Sir."

"You know her?" He asked, extending a foot and nudging Satsuki like...like she was a raggedy doll. "Good lord! Take that bitch away from me. She doesn't deserve to live here anymore."

"Are you her dad?" I asked. I felt a strange, painful flutter in my stomach. It took all my willpower not to slap that man and kill him. I felt my face growing hot as anger boiled my blood.

"Hell wished I wasn't."

"Is that...Satsuki's blood?"

"Yuck, get it off. Anyway, who the hell are you?"

I lowered my head, feeling the anger take over. I walked over and grabbed the bottle straight of his hand, glaring at him as if he was trash. Because...he is. The puzzle pieces finally connected. Finally, it made sense. Her hair, her stress, her yelling...

"The fuck is wrong with you? Give that back!"

"I can see why she's so fucking stressed out." I said, smashing the bottle against the door frame. The glass shattered everywhere, making the old man flinch. "I asked you a question. Is that Satsuki's blood?"

"S-So what if it is? Who cares for that worthless thing anyway? She doesn't get money and all she does is mess around!"

Before I could cave his head in, I felt something weakly grab my ankle. It was Satsuki.

"Stop..." She said. "Pl...ease..."

I grit my teeth before giving him a firm punch in the face. He fell back into the entrance of his house.

"Ow—!"

"You better be grateful that's all you're getting." I snapped, before tossing the bottle. It shattered into pieces as I slammed the door shut.

"Cmon, Satsuki, let's get you to a hospital..."

. . .

"She has a broken rib." The doctor said. "She has wounds all over her body, but they can be healed after a few weeks."

"Yeah..thanks." I grabbed her arm before she could leave. "Don't call her parents. Please. They did this to her."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Do I need to call Child Protection Services?"

I looked back at the unconscious Satsuki. "...Once she's awake."

"...Alright." She left the room, closing the door behind her. I sat down next to the bed, placing my hand in my pocket. Taking out my phone, I dialed a few numbers.

"Hey, it's me." I said into the phone.

"Aomine-Kun?" Tetsu's voice replied. I heard talking on the other end. He must've started practice. "Why did you call?"

"You should get the other guys and come to the hospital."

"...Eh? Are you hurt somewhere, Aomine-kun? And who are the other guys?"

"He's hurt?" I heard Kagami said.

"No, not me. And the Teiko guys."

"But you sound tired..."

"It's Satsuki." I said, gritting my teeth. "Satsuki's hurt."

"What—"

"Just stop asking questions and get here already!"

He was silent. "...Ok. Sorry. I will call everyone."

He hung up. I sighed, resting my forehead against the bed. My hand still stung from when I punched that guy. Satsuki's unconscious, bloody body just can't leave my mind.

Damn that son-of-a-bitch...!

. . .

"Momocchi?!" I flinched when the door slammed open. The guys rushed inside, closing the door silently. Kise ran up to the bed. "What the hell happened?"

"Shut up, you're being loud." I snapped.

They surrounded the bed, looking at her unconscious body.

"How long has she been like this?" Akashi asked.

"Since a few hours."

"Momoi-san..."

"What happened?" Midorima asked. "Was she in an accident?"

"Her parents." I managed to grunt out as a small lump caught in my throat. "It was her parents."

We stayed in silence for a bit. I was impatient; I can't wait an entire day! She needs to wake up now.

PLEASE wake up...please...

"Aomine-kun."

I flinched at the sudden call next to me. Tetsu stood next to me with large, blue eyes.

"What?"

"Would you like to walk with me?"