Chapter 10

{Momoi POV}

Dad had hit me while we waited for Dai-chan to wake up, so I had a broken rib. Everywhere else was pretty much okay.

Dai-chan didn't have anything in particular broken, just a minor sprain in his left ankle from all that running.

He didn't like that, I guess.

"Geez, and I was going to play basketball to pass the time. What is this!" He pointed at his bandaged ankle. "Stupid cast!"

"Those are bandages, Dai-chan."

We did get the watch the others play, though. I noticed a lot of improvements in all of them, especially Kise, who was still learning to develop his Perfect Copy so that he could use it more often on the court.

"Aominecchi, we should play one-on-one sometime! I think I could beat you!"

"I don't wanna play against some copycat!"

"'The only one who could beat me is me'. The only way you can do that is playing against Kise-kun, Aomine-kun."

"You know, I didn't hurt my hand at all, so-- Using your lack of presence is cheating!"

Dai-chan and I were discharged a week later since I could start to heal at home. I was told to take it slowly and wait for a little over a week before doing anything extreme.

Not that I was planning on it anyway.

I was forced to stay home until I healed all the way, per the coach's orders. Dai-chan didn't like that because then he'd be "bored all day".

"Ehh...Sakurai-san? And...everyone else???"

"They said they wanted to come along." Dai-chan poked his head from behind Wakamatsu-san.

"M-Momoi-san!" Sakurai-san shoved a plastic bag toward me. "I-I'm sorry that happened to you! I heard about your injury! And-And I hope these snacks make you feel better, and I'm sorry if they taste bad!"

He twiddled with his fingers nervously, biting his lip. I gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

After managing to calm him down, everyone came inside and we had a blast. Everyone was laughing and talking, passing around food that they had brought, and talking about practice. I stepped into my room after they all fell asleep on the couch or on the floor.

"Knock knock," I looked up at the door as Dai-Chan walked in. "You eat anything?"

"Too much," I said, as he handed me water. "Thanks."

He sat next to me, staring at the wall across the room. "You wanna talk about?"

"Hm? What?"

"The elephant in the room."

"...You mean my parents?"

"Yeah. You gonna report them?"

"Obviously...I have to," I replied. I clenched my fists. "He hurt you, Dai-Chan. I can't forgive that."

"...Right..." He rubbed the back of his head. "But, you know, I wouldn't report them because of me."

"Huh?"

"They hurt YOU," He said, looking at me. "I'd kill them if I could."

We stared at each other for a bit as I realized that...yeah, they DID hurt me. They abused me. They drove me mad to the point where I was willing to pull the trigger to save him.

"So you gonna do it now? Or in the morning?" He asked, looking away.

"The morning. I don't think I'm ready to deal with them right now."

"Right. Get some sleep, then. We'll talk tomorrow, yeah?"

I clasped his wrist, feeling the warmth of his skin. "Dai-Chan."

"Huh? What?"

"Can you stay here till I fall asleep?" I asked. "Lately, I feel better whenever you're around."

I felt his wrist tense, before he sighed. "Fine. But if you don't sleep within the next 5 minutes I'm leaving."

{Aomine POV}

Time flew by in the blink of an eye. Her dad was pretty careless with evidence and stuff like that because there was enough clues to send him to jail for domestic violence, kidnapping, attempted murder, and a lot more things that I can't remember. They couldn't even afford a lawyer, so the process was even faster.

Satsuki started living with me officially. Mom came by to visit and see our living conditions and stuff, but everything was pretty much the same.

"Satsuki, you wanna eat strawberry pancakes or leftovers from yesterday?"

"Let's eat the pancakes..."

The school provided her with counseling and stuff, which she went to every week. She was starting to feel better already.

"Maybe I'll keep my hair short," She said, rubbing her head. "It's much more comfortable this way."

"..." I stared at her as I sucked on the ice pop in my mouth. "Longer hair looks prettier on you, though."

"Does it?" She asked. "Well, maybe I'll grow it out, then."

We walked in peaceful silence. The sun was setting as we arrived home.

I was unlocking the door when Satsuki tapped me.

"Hm? What is it?"

"Dai-Chan, wanna go to movies tomorrow? We don't have practice, right?"

"The movies? Sure. Let's call the others, too."

"No..." She shook her head. "I mean...just the two of us."

I turned around, confused. "Huh?"

"As..." I could see her look away as her face turned a bright red. "As a date..."