Twenty-Nine

Eliott and Henry came sprinting out, Eliott had a bag of things in hand.

"RUN!" Eliott yelled at Lilith. She quickly got up, and started climbing the fence. She wished she could have gone faster, but she was going as quick as she could.

Eliott and Henry weren't far behind her, they all jumped down to the other side at the same time. They were now in very dense woods.

"What the hell happened?" Lilith asked in between pants.

"No..time. Run now, I'll explain later."

They started running again, getting as far as they could, until Lilith's legs buckled underneath her. "Sorry." She heaved, out of breath.

"Its okay, we needed a break anyways. We're pretty far away, and the woods are thick." Eliott said, sitting beside her. He dug through the pack he took. "Give me your hand. The one thats bleeding."

Although it had stopped bleeding, she knew it still needed care. There was probably glass lodged in her skin.

Eliott pulled tweezers out of the cloth bag, and started pulling out pieces of glass. There were none too big, but there were definitely noticeable shards. This caused her to start bleeding again. After he collected all of the pieces he could, he took a bottle of water from the bag, and poured it over the red wound. He examined it closer, just to make sure there was no more glass, and then started bandaging over the knuckles.

"Better?" He asked.

"Much."

Henry sat a little ways away from the two. He was terrified, but in a….good way? He could make it home. The chance was slim that they would make it that far without someone catching them, but there was at least a chance by this point.

"Are you gonna explain or what? Why'd we leave in such a rush?"

"Well, the nurses were back and i needed the supplies for you and she asked why we couldn't just bring you here or something, so we both just took it and..well, dipped. So now we will definitely be searched after. They saw us jump the fence, too."

"Great." Sarcasm poured from her words. "They don't want their secret getting out, we know the location, i have scars to prove the fights, they could be ruined. They will do anything to eliminate us entirely, or bring us back to the school."

[∆∆]

"WHAT!?" Julian roared, his voice booming off of his office walls. "They escaped?"

The nurse flinched. "Y-yes, but-"

"There is no but. Bring them to me. All three of them. Alive, preferably. Do all that you must, I don't care. just bring them to me."

"..yes sir." The nurse stuttered.

"Now, get out of my sight! I need time alone."

He stared out of his window, it was facing the direction they had left from. There were footprints in the mud, leading to the gate, and broken branches in the woods. "They aren't getting away that easily."

[∆∆]

"We should probably get going again." Lilith said, standing up. They had been there a while, and people were definitely looking for them by this point.

"Henry, you okay?" Eliott had noticed how quiet he was.

"Yeah, im okay, sorry." He was lying. He blamed himself for this, if they hadn't had to come get him they probably wouldn't be in this much trouble. They could have just left.

They started walking again. Nobody knew where they were, and they knew they would be stuck in the woods for a while, but as long as they weren't in the school, they would be okay, right?