Fueling

Agent Diego Sanchez used his GPS to guide him to Aurora. He had never been there before and once this was over, he would probably never come back. His GPS alerted him to police up ahead. He chuckled. The Constitution didn't permit state police to ticket an FBI agent on duty. It didn't matter if he did 100. It was a bogus alert too. The police weren't there.

As he entered the city limits, he started paying closer attention to nearby buildings and the people outside. It was important to get a feel for the environment in an investigation. There were lots of chain stores like McDonalds, Target, and Starbucks. The streets were ripped up with holes and cracks but that's just the product of the Midwestern winter. But quite a few houses were abandoned and that suggested hard times, at least for some. 

He stopped at a gas station for fuel and Peanut M&M's. He liked a good crunch. He had the option of using Yelp to look for a motel but thought better of it and asked the gas station cashier.

"I need a motel. Just a simple, clean place to stay for a couple of nights," he said straight.

"The Nordic is where you should go. Make sure to try the pie. Clearly you like your sugar," the cashier said, staring at the M&M's. 

Kind of a weird name for a motel. He was used to Super 8 and Red Roof Inn. The Nordic sounded like a nightclub for neo-Nazis. But how many motels are famous for their pie?