Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé eyed Onika, she couldn't helped it considering they sat right next to each other. And the girl hadn't really talked to her.

Onika barely talked to her in school anyways—she always seemed focused with actual school work.

Beyoncé knew it had to do with what she said about this "old friend" of Onika's—and her accepting the dinner invite. She joked all the time—it was light hearted—but Onika seemed to get genuinely upset at that one.

Beyoncé sighed. She had no right to call the girl sensitive—if she hurt her feelings—she hurt her feelings. It has nothing to do with intent. So she knew she had to apologize.

Beyoncé tried to think of a good time, not during school because Onika was never actually up to talking—and just when she planned on talking to her about it at their next practice she was informed she couldn't make it.

Beyoncé had a feeling she was simply ignoring her again—which annoyed the blonde.

And then the perfect opportunity came up.

______________________________

Onika Tanya Maraj

Onika was walking with Robyn to the subway when suddenly the raven haired girl asked her a question. "You going on that field trip?" Robyn asked and Onika shook her head.

"Hell no. It's overnight—plus it involves the outdoors. I have other things to do anyways." Onika mumbled. Robyn rolled her eyes. "Like what? School work? Piano?"

"Exactly that." Onika said. "You're such a nerd." Robyn said as they walked through the crowd, and boarded the subway. "I'm so sorry because I don't want to sleep in a rusty cabin I'm a nerd." Onika said sarcastically.

"You literally get the benefit of going on this trip you're totally not doing it because you're a prissy princess. They only let specific kids go based on grades—and you're seriously not gonna go?" Robyn asked in disbelief.

"Nope. And I know you're only begging me because you don't want to share a room with someone else." Onika said shrugging, sitting next to Robyn who nodded as if it was obvious.

"Damn right I don't. Niggas don't use deodorant anymore apparently." She mumbled in response and Onika snickered.

"Yeah, but sorry. Times up anyways—It's not like my mom signed the permission slip. I didn't even give it to her." Onika said and Robyn nodded dropping the subject.

.
.
.
.
.

"You did—what?" Onika asked looking at her mother in shock who was sitting on the couch—previously reading.

"I signed the permission slip. They emailed it to me about 2 weeks ago I meant to tell you that. I guess I forgot." Carol said innocently tapping her chin and Onikas eye twitched.

Onika had briefly heard about the trip—but asoon as she was informed that it involved the outdoors she ignored it. She had better things to focus on either way. And a field trip like that would not only be overnight, messy, and un-entertaining it would be a waste of time.

"W-Why? You know I hate the outdoors." Onika said and Carol frowned. "But you used to love going out in the garden." She said in response.

"Beautiful flowers and clean soil does not compare to a muddy forest and a rusty cabin."Onika whined.

"I think you need to start having fun. Going outside will be good for you—you're always cooped up in your room—doing school work—sometimes I feel like you aren't even a teenager." Carol joked.