Chapter 6

Jonathan came over the next day to pick up Molly. He has been so good on making it up to her that I couldn't refuse him access. I had spent the whole day with Patrick. He's literally been my rock at this time. When I first met him I was extremely sceptical about him but now, I couldn't imagine anymore time apart from him. We were just in my house, not really doing much.

"Hey Amber." Patrick called from the living room. I walked in and saw him holding up two mini sticks. "Wanna play?" I nodded and smiled as he passed me the stick. He started doing a bunch of tricks, I copied them and perfected them. He was kinda shocked. "When was the last time you went skating?" He asked.

"About 4 years ago when you had the family skate. Why?" I spoke making him smile. He stood up and pulled out skates from behind the couch.

"Let's get going!" He shouted making me laugh. I ran to get a jacket and we made our way to a small local rink. When we got there, Patrick put my skates on for me and I waited as he put his on. He put his gloves on and picked up two sticks. He passed me one and he skated on the ice as I just stood there. "C'mon Amber." He encouraged me.

"I can't skate Pat." I shouted at him which made him laugh. He skated over to me, dropped his gloves and stick, I dropped my stick, and he helped me onto the ice. When I got on, I almost fell over so I quickly grabbed onto his arm which made him chuckle. He stood behind me and held my waist carefully before practically pushing me around the ice. When I finally got the hang of it, he let go and skated over to pick up our stuff. He handed the stick to me and I semi skated over to the net part. He stood in the net and smiled at me.

"Take a shot Amb." He said making me shake my head. "C'mon, it'll be fine." I slowly took a shot and it went in making me celebrate.

"Why do the Hawks have you on their team when they could have me?" I joked around making him burst out laughing.

"Better not let coach see you like this, he'll hire you and fire me asap." We both laughed and carried on playing when Corey Crawford walked in with his kit.

"Pat, what's Corey doing here?" I whispered as he helped me skate over to the bench.

"I asked him to be goalie for us. We are playing big boy hockey now! None of that mini stick crap." I laughed and saw as more of the team walked in. Oh god, im gunna humiliate myself. I stood there and Darling got kitted up with Corey and some of the team put their skates on.

"Captains?" Seabrook shouted as they all got on the ice. "I think that Pat should be a captain and Amber should be the other captain." He suggested.

"I'm good with that!" Pat agreed. I nodded as well and they all lined up in front of us. "So, Amber, you can pick first."

"Um, Darling." I started off. By the end of it, I had Darling, Saad, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook whereas Pat had Bickell, Kruger, Cumiskey and Rundblad. Sharpy didn't want to play so he was being our ref. Towards the middle of the game, Patrick and I decided that I would be on his team and Bickell would be on my old team. We were only going to play 2 periods, my old team won the first and the team that I moved too won the second period. I chucked my stick on the group and started cheering as Pat skated over to me to celebrate.

"We did it Amb!" He cheered as he hugged me. I hugged him back and the guys left so that they could get ready for the evening meal that was being arranged. We were still hugging when I looked up at him to say something to see that he was looking down at me. He didn't do anything, all he did was kiss me. My best friend kissed me. Oh my god. But, I froze, I couldn't pull away, I needed this.