Chapter 29

*many months later*

"Kaner, I'm not calling my baby Hawk." I groaned for the 5th time.

"Yeah Kaner, don't be stupid." Duncan replied. "It should be Duncan Jr."

"What about Tommy?" Crow suggested. "And it's middle name can be Hawk!"

"Guys!" I shouted making them stop laughing. "Jonathan and I have already decided on a name, for our daughter!" I told them.

"You have?" Patrick asked. I nodded as Jonathan walked into the room with our little bundle of joy.

"Oh hey guys. When did you get here?" Jonathan asked making the guys mumble an answer of 5 minutes ago. "Right. Well I want you to meet my daughter. Guys, this is little Penelope." Jonathan passed Penelope over to Kaner who smiled a giant smile.

"She's beautiful. Definitely not a Toews then." Jonny rolled his eyes and sat on the sofa next to me. We had been waiting to tell anyone the name until we got her home, she had a problem with her heart and lungs when she was first born so she had to stay in for longer than expected. "Are you taking her to the game tonight?" Patrick asked.

"Probably not. She still needs her oxygen, it'll be too cold for her." Jonathan told him.

"You have to bring her though Tazer." Corey spoke. We all looked at him and he sighed. "They've arranged for Amber to drop the puck at the game tonight with the baby." He admitted. I looked at him in shock before looking over at an excited Jonathan.

"Okay, I'll make sure everything is sorted out before! This is going to be amazing." Jonathan said.

*at the game*

I didn't want to do this. Not at all. I tried getting Jonathan on my side but he thought it was an amazing idea. So here I was, stood waiting to walk down that carpet with my new born and her oxygen tank. I had her in my arms and had her oxygen tank on my back. I heard my name being announced so I walked down the red carpet and heard loads of people 'awe'. The Hawks were playing the Oilers so McDavid skated over along with Jonathan. We all looked at the camera and I dropped the puck. Connor picked the puck up, shook mine and Jonathan's hands before giving me the puck and smiling down at Penny.

"She's adorable. How old is she?"

"A month." I told him. He smiled before skating off. Jonathan took Penny's tiny hand in his before kissing my cheek. I walked off the ice and made my way up to the box with the other wives and girlfriends. I looked and saw a few of the Oilers wives and girlfriend in the box. I made my way over to where Penny's pushchair was and placed her in there, wrapping her up in a blanket to keep her warm. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around and saw Connor McDavid's girlfriend. "Hey AJ!"

"Hey Amber. How are you guys?" She asked. "Gosh, she's adorable isn't she?!" She then spoke as she looked down at Penny.

"We're great thanks. How about you? What's going on with you and Connor?" AJ was one of opposition's girlfriends that I spoke to regularly.

"I mean we've been together since we were 14. I didn't think he would ever become famous and now look at him. I'm terrified I'm going to lose him." She admitted. All of the other girlfriends were engrossed in the game but I know Connor and AJ have been having problems lately so I was more interested in seeing how they are. "I've only just moved in with him this season, I didn't manage to move last year and there's just been so much tension. It scared me that maybe he has been playing around when I haven't been there."

"AJ, there's tension because you've just moved in together. Jonathan and I were living together on and off for about a year before we finally moved in together. You need to remember that you're only 18. Trust me, it gets easier." I loved AJ, really I did, but sometimes I worry about her. She sees what other people have and she wants to have the same. I'm worried she'll try and convince Connor to have a baby with her.