Chapter 30 - Finale

16 Years Later

Third Person POV

Jonathan and the Blackhawks didn't win the cup the year that Penelope was born, that was his main goal for that year, all he wanted was to be able to show his pride and joy the Stanley Cup and share that moment with her. For the whole offseason Jonathan beat himself up about it, no matter what Amber tried to do or say didn't help him. Jonathan stayed throughout the offseason training or spending time with Penelope, totally disconnecting from his friends and family. Luckily, as the new season started, he was able to get out of his rut and be victorious.

Now, 16 years later, although Jonathan is now retired he still is heavily involved with the Hawks and little Penelope, despite all of her problems at birth, she was now a healthy teenager. Amber adored her child, her only child. Unfortunately, 2 years after the birth of Penelope, Amber and Jonathan discovered complications with Amber becoming pregnant again. After several tests, it was discovered that Amber had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which made it more difficult for her to become pregnant and after receiving treatment, it was safer for her health and wellbeing to have her ovaries removed. They had discussed adoption but in the long run decided that Penelope was too precious and didn't want her to feel as though she was being replaced.

Patrick and Chey unfortunately called off their marriage, Chey was too focused on her work and they were not spending any time together. Although he was struggling at first, Patrick managed to rise above it and after many years of dating, he and his beautiful partner Kendall are now happily married. Amber and Chey stayed in contact, they were not as close as they used to be but they were always the first ones to congratulate the other on a big event. Patrick is now a father of 4, he and Kendall were graced with twins, Lilly and Mason, they had Tayah not long after and adopted Henry when the twins were 6. Not long after the twins were born, Patrick played one more season for the Hawks and USA before hanging up his skates to become a full-time father whilst Kendall worked for fashion designed Stella McCartney. He and Jonathan are still the closest friends and both families are neighbours in their holiday homes in Bora Bora. Jonathan and Amber ended up getting another holiday home in Granada, Spain where they went for their honeymoon.

Along with the Kane's, Jonathan and Amber stayed very close to the Oshie's, raising Leni and Penelope together, the two have always been best friends. The pair often spend their time with their boyfriends, Penelope's boyfriend Isaiah Fisher and Leni's boyfriend Luca Comrie, Isiah being Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher's son and Luca being Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie's son.

A/N

After a lot of debating, I'e decided to create a final summary of what would have been the full story if I had continued. I wanted to wrap this up with a short and sweet summary to show that although things at the time seem perfect, somethings might change along the way but for the better. If I had continued writing as I had been when first creating the story, I still would not have been finished as I have turned into a slight perfectionist.

Incase anyone was wondering (which no one probably is), when I uploaded the last part, I was going through a real tough spot with my depression and anxiety. Over the past few years, even the past few weeks, I have been in and out of treatment for it, with relief courses, therapy and counselling. Throughout this time I have also met my current boyfriend who is everything a person can dream of. I wrote a lot of these stories (most of which are unpublished now) when I was 16, writing about how I pictured the perfect relationship, I have that now and my sole focus is on that.

I want to thank everyone for reading :)