13: Running around naked?

“It’s been so long.”

“Yeah,” came his reply.

Awww, such a sweet reunion. Was it sweet enough to require hugging? I don’t know, maybe…no! No, definitely no! But that was precisely what they were doing right now. Well, it was more like a while now. Three seconds to be exact – not like I was counting or anything. 

It soon came to an end – thankfully. Not thankfully, as in I was thankful it ended, because it’s not like I cared or that I was bothered by the fact that they hugged for four whole seconds or that they…

A chirpy: “hi,” finally snapped me out of my weird thoughts and back to reality. I traced the source to a smiling Olivia who was now staring at me. Gosh, her smiles were so damn…captivating – at least enough for me to find myself smiling back with a small, “hi” of my own.

Aiden, however, was now hitting his head softly. “I’m so sorry. Olivia, this is Aria, my girlfriend. And Aria, Olivia, my…”

My perfectly stunning betrothed?

But unlike my crazy thoughts, what actually left his mouth was: “friend.”

Oh, friend – more like my perfectly stunning betrothed friend. Ok, that made no sense.

Thankfully, unlike me whose thoughts were heading to crazy ville, someone else didn’t seem to have any such problem.

“It’s so nice to meet you,” Olivia mused, pulling me in for a hug. Ok, first off, she sure likes hugs. And second, was it weird that I so badly wanted to sniff her hair?

Yeah, I know – I was a total weirdo. But to be fair, her hair smelled so freaking good. How could everything about her be so perfect? I wouldn’t even be surprised if her armpits smelled like flower fields and unicorns. 

Now though, I could only offer her a smile which I hoped looked less awkward in reality, than it did in my head.

But if it wasn't, she didn’t show it. Instead, her eyes gleamed with genuine admiration as she said,  “wow, you’re really beautiful.”

For a second there, I was tempted to go all Anna style and respond with: ‘you look beautifuler.’ 

Thankfully, I didn’t have to worry about giving into the temptation, as less than a second later, she was adding, “Aiden, how did you get so lucky to land a beautiful girlfriend like Aria? ‘Cause last I remember, you were such a ‘Stewie.’” 

A chuckle escaped my lips before I even realized it. “A what?”

“Stewie,” she repeated – quite eagerly if I might add. 

“You still remember that?” Aiden asked, chortling slightly.

“How can I not,” she answered, obviously enjoying this. To me though, she said, “you know, when we were younger, Aiden used to be really short.”

“I wouldn’t put it like that,” he quipped. “I’d say more like ‘not so tall.’”

“No, I’m pretty sure that’s not it. You were really short,” she mused, to which he made a face, leaving her chuckling. “You were the shortest in our class.”

“I was taller than Anastasia.”

“Really?” She chirped, cocking a knowing brow.

“Fine, but two inches more and I could have been,” he remarked lightly. 

“Yeah, right. Anyway, he was so short, I named him Stewie. He hated it and I loved it.”

“Because you were mean.”