Scene 5 - Interference

We return back to the control centre at the Eye. Morgolock picks strange readings on a carriage that has been opened from their planet. It flashes a white colour.

Morgolock:

Curious. How curious.

The Monk seen from the other room suddenly appears from the shadows, asking his question unexpectedly. His hands are in his sleeves together as he steps forward into the light when he asks...

Monk:

What is it, my son?

Morgolock:

Father! I didn't expect to... you are out from your...

Monk:

The lords of time work in mysterious ways. Now then, what seems to be the trouble?

Morgolock:

A disturbance in R7, sir. Interference between Junctions 8 and 8A. That route leads from here to the Oripinccini's home world.

Monk:

We must fret not over such strange circumstances. More haste, less speed.

Morgolock:

But this has never happened before, Father. Nothing has ever been able to cross one of our Time Carriages and pass through before.

Monk:

I believe I may know the cause. The Lord does know indeed how such powers can penetrate through our carriages.

Morgolock:

And? What do we intend to do about it?

Monk:

Nothing as of yet. As I say, the Lord... will work in mysterious ways...