Something New

Althea's red-painted toes sunk into the ivory-colored satin sheets, her eyes closing in bliss as her husband sucked the skin of her neck. Her back arched with each of his trust and a breathy moan left her lips that would have been loud enough for all of Hayvenhurst to hear.

Michael and Althea's married life had only gotten sweeter since they'd moved out of Hayvenhurst.

There was so much freedom in having their own home. They could decorate to their own taste, didn't have to get up or go to bed with the rest of the family and could come and go as they pleased without having to answer to anyone.

They were as excited as two teenagers whose parents had left them the house for the weekend.

Althea loved having their own home to be free of the rigid ways of Hayvenhurst and Jermaine's harassment, but Michael loved it most. At twenty-five, he'd never had a place of his own and he loved having his wife all to himself and being able to make love to her in any room he pleased.

Michael smirked as he felt his wife clench around him and quickened his pace, nearly making Althea disappear into the pillow top mattress with each stroke. When he too reached his limit Michael lay on top of her, panting for breath.

"You're incredible," Althea whispered in his neck as she kissed the clammy skin.

Her lips moved to his mouth, and she kissed him like no tomorrow, letting their tongues fall into a salacious rhythm. Michael smiled down at his wife, loving the way the golden morning sunlight beamed down on her skin.

"We never coulda been this wild at Hayvenhurst," he whispered against her lips "Mother would've had a fit,"

His wife giggled, running her hands up and down his back.

"Mmm, you've been holding out on me, huh? If you've been holding out, I wanna see you let go,"

Althea leaned in for another kiss but the alarm clock on their nightstand beeped causing the two of them to break apart.

Michael groaned, enjoying the feeling of his wife's warm, supple body beneath him too much to want to leave the position.

"Damn," he cursed, slowly rolling off of her.

Feeling his void, Althea sighed too.

"Maybe you could stay home with me, honey. Play hooky from the office for just one day?" She pleaded, batting her eyelashes and flipping her hair seductively.

As much as he would have loved to, Michael had to keep busy. Now that his most hopeful client had been stolen from him, Michael felt he had to work ten times harder to prove himself.

"Sorry, baby. Not today,"

Althea sighed as she watched her husband disappear into the bathroom and slowly got out of bed, slipping into a silk robe before heading downstairs to make breakfast.

The morning sun felt warm against her skin and she hummed happily to herself and she scrambled eggs and buttered pieces of toast. As nice as it had been to wake up to breakfast already made at Hayvenhurst, Althea enjoyed making breakfast and dinner for her and Michael.

Her husband came down the stairs, dressed for work, his red tie lying lazily around his neck and she smiled, setting the plate down in front of him.

"I know it's not a Hayvenhurst breakfast but I made it with all my love," She giggled, pouring him a glass of orange juice.

Michael smiled as he sprinkled sugar on his grapefruit.

"It's perfect, baby," he replied.

Althea grinned and took a seat in front of him, biting into her toast before speaking.