Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP !

"Ugh..." I thought to myself as I heard my alarm clock go off, for the last time. It was 5:30 a.m. and I had to get ready for school. Reluctantly I rolled out of bed, and went to find my fit for today.

I wasn't really in the mood, so I settled for a mint green belly shirt with BROOKLYN in white letters with flowers around it, some high waisted acid washed shorts, and some Michael Kors flats. It was simple, but the weatherman said 89° today, so I wanted to dress accordingly.

After I got my clothes out, I went into the bathroom to do my hygiene thing. I grabbed my Dove body wash and began lathering it on my louffe. After thoroughly washing my body I stepped out and walked back into my room to put on my lotion and finish off my morning routine.

"..... SKYLAR AMARI ! " I heard my mom scream, signaling that it was now about 6:45 and breakfast was ready.

"I'm almost finished Minnie!" I yelled back down the stairs. Minnie is the nick name I gave my mom a long time ago.

"Sky hurry!" My mom said.

I finished putting lotion on my freshly pedicured toes and sprayed my favorite body spray Beautiful Day, from Bath and Body Works. I then skipped down the stairs to the smell of eggs, fish, grits, and toast. I love my Minnie !

As soon as I sat down I saw my beautiful mommy. We looked very much alike except she's a bit lighter than I am. She had me when she was 17. I know, young right? But I've heard stories of her and my dad. They were so in love back in the day. Speaking of my dad, I know you all are wondering where he's at. Well, he disappeared one day with no trace shortly after my mom came up pregnant. But, its all good though, from what I've heard he would have loved me unconditionally.

"Good morning MY Minnie." I said while kissing my mom's cheek, then returning to the plate she placed in front of me.

"Good morning baby girl, what you getting in to today?" She asked.

My mom and I have a very open relationship. No secrets.

"Nothing really. Probably swing by Emory and Karma's house later on." She nodded. Emory and Karma are my best friends. They're 16 as well (twins) and we have the same birthday. So, you already know we been kicking it since those diaper days. Were more like siblings actually since our parents have been close all our lives.

"Sky, its almost 7:40..." Minnie called out.

"Okay, and I'm not coming home directly after school today, I'm going to let Emory wash my car over on Old National." I said.

"Oh God, be safe over there! But, I love you and have a good day baby." She said.

I chuckled at my mom and we said our goodbyes. I then ran back up stairs to get my Michael Kors backpack on my bed. I grabbed my car keys and ran outside to my BMW. I turned on the radio and heard We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus. I turned it up and pulled out of my driveway, and was on my way to school.

"So la da di da di
We like to party
Dancing with Molly
Doing whatever we want
This is our house
This is our rules

And we can't stop."

I sang enjoying my ride.

-----------------------------------------

I really tried my hardest... I hope y'all like it though.

Don't forget to COMMENT what you think about the book and VOTE.

Any questions, you can hmu on...

Instagram- _s.h.a.y__
Snapchat- bellissimo.shay