Chapter 19

Q POV

Right now we're sitting around the round table at the trap thinking about how we were going to figure out what happened in the house. It's been two days since Karma killed those two guys and the girls have been on high alert.

"..... if that's the case then who else do we have problems with right now?" Emory asked me pertaining to the fact that we haven't really been having any problems with any one else lately.

"I did see a car like three times in a row yesterday. I really didn't think much about it until now..." Trent said  nonchalantly.

"What color was the car dawg? & Why did you just now say something about it?" I said becoming a little irritated. My family lives are on the line, I want to know all information involved.

"The car was grey with dark ass tinted windows. Ian see the license plate number but on the license plate it says D13 L1F3." Trent stated clearly becoming irritated as well. "Can't we just finish this another time. It's 4am, I need to go check on my girl and my child. I'm out G." Trent said walking out.

We just sat there in silence until we decided to leave and call it a night.
___________________________________

Two weeks later & everything seems to be going well.

-Sky POV

Today is the day of Karma's baby shower and everyone is super excited especially me! Lol, but we are having a baby reveal party so right before the games we are going to find out what the gender is and it's nerve wracking because NO ONE knows anything expect the party planner.

"Come on y'all what is taking so damn long with my baby's fucking cake?!" My mom yelled into the phone. She does not like when shit doesn't go as planned.

"Ma calm down please. Veronica is supposed to be handling all of those arrangements.

"Well obviously her snotty ass ain't doing her job because she still sitting down and the damn cake still isn't here." My mom said glaring at Veronica.

"Just sit down before you run your blood pressure up." I said trying to keep everything calm and collected.

"Ugh where tf is Q?!" I thought to myself while seeing the center pieces in the middle of the tables.
___________________________________

-Trent POV

This unknown number has been calling my phone all day. I'm really contemplating on whether or not I should answer. I mean with all the shit that went on this seemed suspicious, however today is my baby's day & I don't want anything to ruin it.

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

Fuck, there they go again.

-silence-

*DING*

I looked over at my phone and noticed that the person had texted me.

Unknown: Can you answer the phone please, it's an emergency.

Me: Ard, who this?

Unknown: Chyna... It's urgent and it can't wait.

I just sat there looking at the phone for about 30 minutes. What could Chyna possibly want from me? I haven't heard from her in over a year I think.

Me: Okay meet me at the Waffle House near the old hood in about 20 minutes. We have to be quick though because I have really important plans today.

After I sent the message I jogged  downstairs & grabbed me a bag of chips and a Powerade. A nigga was hungry asf. I then grabbed my car keys and left.

___________________________________

-Sky POV

It's 3 hours until the baby shower starts and everything is just about done. After Minnie cursed everybody out and was about to beat Veronica's ass, we finally began making some progress around here.

"Hey boo!" Karma said walking in looking absolutely stunning. I know being 16 & pregnant isn't good but she is glowing.

"Hey mamas, how my babies doing?" I asked giggling a little bit.

"Girl you just tried everything I believe in! Babies? As in more than one? No ma'am. It's only ONE & he or she is fine!" Karma said laughing.

"Hey K, have you seen Q's black ass today?" I asked with a fake attitude.

"Girl no, come to think of it I haven't heard from Trent either." She replied.

Just as she said that Q burst in the living room looking like he had robbed Babies R Us. I couldn't help but laugh as he walked in with an open pacifier on his pinky finger. Lol this is going to be a long day.
___________________________________

-Trent POV

It's always something up in my life, I thought to myself as I pulled in to the Waffle House. I got out of the car, locked the doors, and looked around it was one other man there so I assumed she wasn't there yet & just took a seat.

Soon I felt someone slide into the booth in front of me. I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. Sitting in front of me was the girl that I used to be so deeply in love with only it wasn't really her. She looked scared and really fidgety her hair was a mess and she kept scratching her arms ams neck. I knew the symptoms I just didn't want to believe it.

"Chyna wtf have you done ma?" I asked quietly while gently touching her face, it was all too surreal.

"I just fell on hard times T..." She said letting her words trail off while looking away.

"What happened? Why didn't you reach out?" I asked, genuinely hurt by her current state.

"After I had my baby things became so hard and I  couldn't get things as easily as I once could." She said sounding a little emotional.

"I love my baby with all my heart and that's why I have to get myself together, for her sake. But I can't do it alone anymore T." she continued, voice cracking and eyes watering. "That's why I reached out to you.."

"What do you need? Somewhere to live? Money? What?" I asked pleading her to say something.

"I really need you to take my baby until I can get my life together." she said looking into my eyes.

"Wait why would I just take someone else's baby?" I can't understand her logic behind this.

"The baby is yours Trent, I didn't want to ruin your life any more than I already had. I thought I could do it on my own but I can't. I'm trying to go to rehab but i won't leave my baby with just anyone I love her more than anything and you're the only one I trust. Please Trent, I'm begging you and I would love for her to get to know her father." She said with nothing but honest and loving eyes.

"Wowwwww yoooo.... " Was all i said before she walked away and came back with a small pink and beige stroller when she lifted the blanket up and I saw her eyes, I instantly fell in love. They were the same grey eyes I possessed only more beautiful....