Chapter 8

The first thing I thought when I opened my works was, people actually read this? Lol, thank you all for reading this junk I put together. Not only has this gotten reads quickly but also tremendous amounts of likes and comments! I just can't wrap my mind around it. But enough of me saying all this gushy stuff, here's chapter 8, enjoy!
SORRY THIS IS SHORT AND THAT I UPDATED A LITTLE LATE
*************************************************

Chapter 8

That Rick Korsolus had a lot he kept inside of himself, and I so desperately wanted to find out. I arrive at the door of my apartment and see Steve standing there.

"Steve! What are you doing here!" I exclaim. He looks up from his phone and smiles.

"Hey Kylie, I was waiting for you to come. Do you wanna go to the new park with me, it just opened up?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know." I reply.

"As friends?" He says, with need. I sigh.

"Ok sure, just let me change." I say hesitantly. He beams at me.

"I'll be waiting here." He replies. I go into my apartment and rush to my room. I open my closet and grab a pair of jeans with a blue lace top. I quickly put it on and grab my purse, heading for the door.

"Okay let's go." I say. He looks at me up and down.

"You look pretty." he says smiling. Why does he have to make it awkward, as if it wasn't enough already.

"Thanks." I mutter.

We walk past the screaming kids smiling.

"It's a nice day." Steve comments. I nod .
"You know there was this one time when I used to come here, before they remodeled and thought that wouldn't it be cool if they opened up a pool instead. But after seeing all these happy kids, I take it back." He starts. I almost want to laugh at his words. Does he really think that saying that will impress me. I wasn't born yesterday.
"Steve you can stop trying to impress me. It's not going to work, we're here to hang out as friends, remember?" I remind him.
"Sorry." he apologizes so softly I barely hear him. I roll my eyes, men are so stupid sometimes. We get ice cream from a stand and start walking again, talking about books.

"Kylie?" Someone suddenly says from behind behind. Steve and I turn around. In front of us is Rick Korskolus standing starting to look irritated.

"Oh hey Rick, uh I mean Mr. Barb" I say.

"Yo." Steve nods. Rick glares.

"What are you doing with him?" Rick says in a low menacing voice.

"Uh we were just walking around." I reply. Why was he so angry, again? Now I can confirm he hates Steve, but why so intensely?

"Well now I need you to walk away." he says crossing his arms.

"Why?" I press on. He glares at me.

"Because I told you to."

I gawk at his words. Who was he to tell me what to do?

"You know what Mr-" I say but he cuts me off.

"You know what, forget it. You two just enjoy your date." he spits and walks off. He looks disappointed at me. I stare at his back. What was all that about?

"I don't like him." Steve says. Well no duh.

"I think you should stay away from him." I look at him and concern is filled in his eyes. I know he is only caring for me.

"Steve, you know that's impossible since he's my professor and my b- I mean yeah, he's my professor so..." I trail off. I didn't really want him to know tht I saw Rick Korsolus outside of school too.