Chapter 6: A CHAT with a former idol.

Dipper P.O.V:

I was sitting in my room when I started hearing loud screams. I think I recognize that voice? I'm not quite sure. I followed the sound until I reached the lounge door. The screams stopped and I could hear voices talking inside. "Ready to talk yet, Sixer?" Is that Bill? Isn't that what he calls great uncle Ford?

"NEVER! You've been trying for five years. I'M NEVER GONNA BREAK!" Yep. That's great uncle Ford. I decided to barge in.

"BILL?! What's going on here?" I screamed as I burst through the door.

"Pinetree! Oh my eldritch entities!" He stopped talking to change into human form. "You, um... weren't supposed to see this."

"Dipper? RUN! I don't want him to catch you too!"

"Oh so you haven't gotten the memo?" Bill questioned. Bill. Don't you dare! "Pinetree's gone mad!!!!"

"BILL! SHUT UP!"

"Dipper? What is he talking about?"

"I-" Bill cut me off.

"Why don't I just show you?"

"B-Bill! No!" He snapped his fingers and then suddenly we were in my mindscape.

"Welcome to Pinetree's mindscape Sixer! A rather pretty one in my opinion." I like to think he's right. My mindscape is a forest with a galaxy for a sky. Flowers line the ground and mysteries lurk everywhere. I know that because I looked behind us.

"Woah!" a human-deer combo thing ran past. I was startled and nearly fell when Bill caught me.

"Careful Pinetree! We're on a cliff you know!" He lifted me back to a stable position before continuing. "Sixer. How about we make a bet? If you can forgive what Pinetree has done, I let your whole family go, including you, but if you can't... I keep Pinetree and you have to give me the equation!"

"HA! Like you would ever win that bet! Dipper couldn't have done anything unforgivable!" Great uncle Ford... I'm so sorry...

"Great uncle Ford! Don't accept i-!" Bill covered my mouth.

"Do you accept the deal?" I tried to pry Bill's hand off.

"Yes. I accept. Dipper is a kind boy. He wouldn't do something bad enough for me not to forgive it!" Bill dropped my face and also dropped Ford.

"Great uncle Ford! I'm so sorry! I-I-..." I started to sob and couldn't talk anymore than that.

"Shh... Pinetree it's okay! I'm doing this for you!" Bill whispered to me, before pulling me into a hug and hoisting me up. "Come along Sixer! We haven't time to waste!" We began to walk through the forest, Bill's boots clicking despite the soft ground. We eventually stopped in front of one of the doors. It had a shooting star on the front.

"Why are we looking at his memories of Mabel?"

"Just watch." He opened the door, still holding me up. He was petting through my hair slowly, as he walked. He stood in front of one of the doors down the hallway.It had a sign nailed to the front that said, 'Regret.' Bill decided to talk again. "Your mind is very well organized, Pinetree!" He opened the door and on the inside we saw me sitting in Mabeland. The one area that looked normal. It was always a clear night with a full moon though. A pond in the center of a forest of different types of birch. It was only accessible by walking across a long rope bridge from the mainland of Mabeland. Great uncle Ford sat down, looking very confident.

"Bill. Put my nephew down." Bill turned to glare at him, but kept on holding me. "PUT HIM DOWN! NOW!" He tried to attack but Bill just stepped to the side and looked at him, unimpressed.

"Fffffine!" Bill said, dramatically. He put me down and great uncle Ford ran over and hugged me. "Can we just watch the damn memory?" Bill asked, very annoyed. Ford nodded and looked back to the memory, at this point it was at where I grabbed Dippie Fresh's hand. I paid very close attention to how great uncle Ford reacted, he looked disgusted and regretful. Small tears flowed down my face as I slowly curled up.

"Dipper. Why did you do that?"

"That all happened in Mabeland. That whole place was imaginary. I'm not crazy. That guy was Dippie Fresh. An imaginary version of me that Mabel made becau-" Bill cut me off.

"Because she's an awful bitch who took you for granted. You did so much for her, but she just replaced you when you did one thing for yourself instead of her. You deserve better Pinetree."

"Dipper? Do you believe that?"

"I don't. He's putting words in my mouth!"

"I'm starting to think I shouldn't have made this bet."

"I know."

We reached a door labeled, 'Rethink later'. Bill opened it and we watched how me and Bill destroyed Mabeland. "YOU JOINED HIM!?!?" Great uncle Ford screamed.

"I'm sorry! He- MPH!" Bill covered my mouth again.

"Don't apologize! Don't I treat you better than she did? Stop acting like nothing's changed!" I tried to get out of his grip. He just held on tighter. "Sixer. Did I win the damned bet?" I looked at great uncle Ford with pleading eyes.

"I knew I shouldn't have made that bet." That struck me. Right in the chest. Bill snapped us out of my mind and then snapped to make the furniture normal again, putting me down.

"I'm sorry, Pinetree." Bill said, sitting next to me and cuddling in. I was still in shock, looking at the ground. "Sixer. Tell me the damned equation and then I'll let you go. I don't want to look at your face longer than I have to." Bill stood again, walking up to Ford.

"Fine." He whispered something in Bill's ear. Bill nodded and then snapped, teleporting Ford somewhere else.

"Pinetree? Do you want something to eat?" Bill asked as I broke down in tears. "Yeah. Let's get something to eat." He picked me up again but all I could think about was,

Why did I think anything else would happen?