21 / maureen

"PLEASE say something," Kuya Inggo whispers behind her.

The problem is that Maureen can't.

She's speechless.

He took her to a magical place. There's a makeshift tent with pillows and blankets and a small table with delicious food. May fairy lights and lanterns na naka-hang sa wall and over the tent and candles and rose petals on the ground.

Noooooo! iyak ng anghel niya. He's perfect, Mau! Talo na tayo!

Kanina pa tayo talo, bhie, sabi ng devil, balik na naman sa pagiging president ng Inggo de Paz fanclub. Kanina pa sa putanginang pottery studio.

Imagine mo 'yon, girl, kilig na sabi ng angel, sinipa-sipa si Maureen sa utak niya. You made Inggo de Paz do pottery! And plan a date! Haba ng hair natin.

"Rinn?"

Maureen snaps out of it, her heart thundering in her chest. She looks around and fingers the lights, tilting her head back, before looking at him. "You did this?"

Kuya Inggo stares at her, and Maureen wants to cry. Hug him. Kiss him. Something.

Because he looks like he's so afraid of her reaction, like he's worried she's going to yell at him to take her home.

Kanina pa napansin ni Maureen na kinakabahan siya.

"I booked the place weeks ago. And then I did this all morning," he answers quietly.

Maureen doesn't even know what to say.

Kuya Inggo reaches for her hand hesitantly and pulls her down to the blanket. "Mamaya ka na mag-isip," he tells her with a smile. "Kain muna tayo."

She follows his lead and sits down, and Maureen wants to hide away from his attention habang kumakain sila.

Hindi siya sanay sa ganito. Sa tingin ni Kuya Inggo, like he's hanging on to every word she's saying and every smile na tipid niyang binibigay na para bang takot siyang he'll miss it.

Hindi niya alam kung delusyon na naman niya 'to. Kung iiwan lang ba siya ulit ni Kuya Inggo 'pag nahulog na naman loob ni Maureen sa kanya.

Natatakot siyang laro o biro lang 'to.

Kuya Inggo holds out his hand for her when they're done eating. "Dance with me?"

Maureen takes his hand and stands up, heart stuttering. Kuya Inggo gives her a smile, wraps his fingers around her wrists to place her hands on his neck, and then puts his own on her waist.

His fingers fit on her body so perfectly.

The last time they danced was at her senior high prom, no'ng hindi sumulpot date ni Maureen.

She's never been so thankful that the asshole didn't come.

Late nang napansin ni Maureen na Can I Have This Dance? pa talaga ng High School Musical 3 ang tumutugtog.

It makes her smile. "You're pulling out all the stops," she murmurs, looking down at their feet.

Sinabi na rin kasi ni Maureen sa kanya before, na kung pumunta si Kuya Inggo sa debut niya, she would've loved to dance with him to this.

Ito na. Binibigay na niya.

"Well, you're worth it."

Maureen's breath catches. She raises her head to look at him, feeling her stupid, stupid eyes burn.

Bakit. Bakit siya gan'to, bakit hindi niya na lang pabayaan si Maureen makipag-date sa iba? Pinaglalaruan ba siya? Is he mocking her feelings for him? Is this ownership, making sure she gives all her pieces to him pero scraps lang ang binibigay ni Kuya Inggo sa kanya?