38 / maureen

INGGO: taga abs-cbn ka ba tinatanong ni mama kung kailan ka na namin magiging kapamilya

The laugh that bubbles out of her during class almost makes her forget about her problem.

Na-meet na niya ang parents ni Inggo last weekend dahil "hindi ko na kaya ang pangungulit ni Mama, tangina, dinner at seven tonight," at walang kwenta ang kaba ni Maureen na baka hindi siya magustuhan o baka hindi niya magustuhan si Tita de Paz dahil sa sinabi sa kanya ng boyfriend niya before because his parents adored her and she saw how his mother clearly smothered Inggo with her love, clearly happy for him.

Sinabi din sa kanya ng nanay ni Inggo that her greatest regret was during the first six years of his life, but that she's glad Inggo has forgiven her and has allowed her to love him as she should've from the start.

"Take care of my son, hija," Tita told her with a big smile. "And love him just as much as you do now."

Maureen promised her she would. It's impossible not to.

She types her reply.

your mom might love me more than you

Inggo: hmm. ano yon, twinkie?

Ugh. Her face heats.

Ever since Maureen told him na he can come inside her na since she put herself on the pill, he has been insufferable and elated.

"Ano 'yon, bavarian munchkin?"

"Ano 'yon, mayonnaise packet?"

"Ano 'yon, cinnamon bun?"

And incredibly insatiable. If it were possible, dumoble pa nga ang appetite ni Kuya Inggo for sex.

And strong na ang appetite niya in the first place, ah.

She rolls her eyes, but she's smiling.

i will let that slide...only because i have something to tell you

His reply takes a little longer.

Inggo: sasabihin na natin kay migo?

Oh, the hope in his message makes Maureen's heart sink.

Na-meet na nga niya ang parents ni Inggo, but they told them na wala pang nakakaalam na iba because they still haven't told her brother yet.

Hindi ma-stomach ni Maureen na baka masira ang friendship ni Kuya Migo and Kuya Inggo.

Natatakot siya kasi alam niyang magiging kasalanan niya.

None of the two boys will blame her or resent her for it. May tiwala si Maureen ngayon sa boyfriend niya when he said he can and he will fight for them to Kuya Migo, at alam naman niya na her brother will take her side. Before anyone else, there is no doubt in her mind that between Inggo and Maureen, ang pipiliin ni Kuya Migo is si Maureen.

When she takes too long to reply, Inggo sends another text.

Inggo: joke lang baby i know ure not ready yet. :) what is it?

So understanding. So patient.

Maureen could not have asked for more.

i know we havent seen each other in almost three weeks

Inggo: and ure coming to my place tonight so we can finally remedy that at gagawin kitang tres leches ready na swim team ko joke advance thinking lang ehe

Naging busy masyado si Maureen sa thesis niya—ang thesis na naging sagabal sa paglalandi niya (char not char) at ang data collection process na naging competition between Kuya Migo at Kuya Inggo to see sino sa kanila ang mas maraming mahihila na respondents para ma-meet ni Maureen ang minimum sample size (si Inggo ang mas maraming na-contribute)—na kinailangan niya ng time away from her boyfriend kasi hindi siya tinitigilan sa kama 'tsaka sa labas ng kama.