Chapter 13

(Paige's POV.)

"So Katie... what do you think your ship name should be?"

"No. We do not need to go to that extent yet Paige."

"Oh but I think we do," I said and gave her a playful look.

"No. Our relationship isn't like that."

"Yet."

"I doubt it."

"Well I ship it."

"Good luck to you then."

"Eh thanks, but I wont need it."

"Pshh, whatever Paige."

And at that moment, Katie's phone began to vibrate. She pulled it out of her bra, took one glance at the Caller ID and froze in place. Her face became red and I jumped out of my seat to read what it said;

Ricky😍🔥💋

"Speaking of the devil." I said after a while of the two of us just staring at the phone screen.

"I have to take this," Katie said all professional-like and walked out of the room.

"Have fun child! And remember, when having phone sex, it is best to use protection!" I called after her.

"Fuck you!" Katie replied, annoyed with me.

"No thanks! I'm not a lesbian," and Katie's bedroom door slamming shut was the response that I got.

Someone can't take a joke. I thought to myself as I flopped down onto a sofa in the living room.

Ah, what shall I do to pass the time while Katie is 'getting it on'? Hmm, I could eavesdrop. I am feeling a little mischievous. Nah, if Katie were to find out I would be in deep trouble. Let's see.. sitting here and waiting patiently is too boring.

I rolled off the couch and decided to roll on the ground while waiting for Katie to come out. Don't judge, I'm bored as fuck. You know, for an 18 year old, I know that rolling around on the ground is not the most mature activity to be taking part in, but I honestly had no idea what else to do. And, I'll admit it, it's actually quite fun. Although, I have a feeling that if I were to stop, I would be really dizzy.

"Um, Paige are you having fun down there?" Katie asked and I stopped rolling.

Her face was blurry at first, but after staring up at her, the whole world stopped spinning and she came into view.

"Oh. Hey Katie," I flashed my white teeth up at her as she stared down at me with a strange look on her face. And it wasn't just because she was up-side down, "Actually, I am... having fun."

"Right. Now um, take the phone," she said and handed the phone in her hand to me.

Take the phone? Who's on the phone?  I asked myself as I slowly brought the phone up to my ear.

Oh no. Did Katie tell Ricky what happened with me and Kian? Well, she probably didn't have to tell him. Kian most likely told Ricky himself. So then, what did Ricky want? I wasn't really in the mood to share my side of the story with him, and I sure as hell am not going to discuss what happened. I shouldn't have to.

"Um, hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hi Paige."

At the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone, I jolted upright. It was the smooth, deep voice of Kian.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked a little too snappy as I turned and glared up at Katie. I can't believe she was making me do this right now.

"I just want to talk, Paige."

"Ha, well I don't. I know where we stand now, thank you very much. I think your girlfriend explained it pretty damn well. So goodby - "

"Wait! Please don't hang up!"

"Why shouldn't I? Give me one good reason not to, Mr. 'I can't get enough of you'."

"What Andrea said was a lie Paige."

Andrea? It was Andrea that called me?

"Yeah right. How do I know you're not lying to me right now?" Shit. Don't believe him Paige. He's probably just lying to you again. But I really want to believe him.

"Let me explain.."

I waited for him to continue, "I'm waiting."

"Andrea took it upon herself to call you. She came to my house, I let her in, and then things went downhill," Kian paused, "I left the room to warn Ricky and JC that she came, and the little bitch went to my room, locked herself in, and called you. I swear I didn't know that she was going to call you. Or else I wouldn't have made the mistake of letting her into my house."

"Well, how'd she even know about us?" I was finding it hard to stay mad at Kian.

"I have no idea." Kian's voice seemed sincere enough. But, I couldn't quite yet say that he was off the hook. I need to ask him a few more questions.

"Why would she have called me at the exact same time you have been calling me? Not that I have kept track! I-I'm just saying...." Kian began to laugh, "It's not funny! I'm not lying to you!"

He paused, and I imagined him wiping away an imaginary tear before saying, "I believe you," and then, "And, I don't know. Like I said before, I have no idea how she even found about us."

"Right. You really let her into her house? Why, and I thought you and Andrea were a thing of the past? Does she still have feelings for you? I mean, the way she was telling me about you and her.. I just couldn't help but believe her."

"Ha, yeah I don't know what came over me.. I just let her in."

"Yeah. There's one more thing, how do I know you aren't making this all up? How can I trust you?"

"You mean, you still don't believe me?"

"Just... answer my question. Prove to me you aren't making this shit up. That you really love me and.. that you're not with Andrea. Tell me that I can trust you, Kian."

The other end went quiet, and I found myself counting how long it took until he would be able to answer me. Is he thinking of another lie to feed to me? I hope not.

"Well if you don't believe me, and... if you really don't trust me, then come see for yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Come stay with me."

"W-what?!" Kian, what the hell are you saying?! "Are you being serious?"

"Yes. I want you to be able to trust me, and if that's what it takes.."

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"You know, I wouldn't mind sleeping next to you every night, and waking up to that beautiful face of yours' in the morning."

"I-I wouldn't either." Oh my gosh I am blushing so damn much right now!

"Oh and maybe, we can even take things to the next level. Just me, and you, and the nice, warm bed."

Whoa! Did he just suggest what I think he did?

"O-okay."

"Is that a yes?"

"I-I think it is."

"Paige, I love you."

He is too damn much! I can't breathe!

"I love you, too."