Chapter 1

(Paige's POV.)

It was the middle of summer, July 17th to be exact, and I was stressed out. It was the day before I got to see Kian at a Meet & Greet, and I had absolutely nothing to wear!

"Ugh! These clothes make me look like a blimp!" I yelled as I stood staring at my reflection in a dressing room mirror.

I was at my local mall in a Forever 21 store and hating my life!

"Oh Paige don't worry. I'll find you something else to wear." that was Katie; my best friend who I've known since kindergarten.

I tugged off the pair of pants and blouse I had been wearing and threw them on the floor, then I groaned and sat down on a small bench inside the dressing room.

I want to look perfect for tomorrow when I see Kian. But so far, I have found nothing that will get his attention, and I was beginning to think that I never would.

I waited for Katie to come with another outfit for me to try on, and when she didn't return, I decided that I would go out and find one myself. I quickly slipped on my clothes - a pair of black jeans and a shirt from American Eagle - and flung the door to the dressing room open. I walked out of the store and pulled out my phone. Then I found Katie's contact on it and called her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry I kinda got impatient and left the dressing room, but uh... can you stay and look for a couple outfits for me to try on? I think I am going to search in another store." I told her.

"Well okay, but when I call you and tell you to come try the clothes on, you better get your ass back to the store, ya' hear?" I smiled at her choice of words.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." I said, and then hung up. At this point, I was standing in front of an American Eagle. I decided to go check it out.

I walked around and searched for anything that seemed to catch my eye, and it didn't take me long before I found a cute pink blouse and black skinny jeans to try on.

I ran to the dressing room and began to undress.

As I slipped off my shirt, I heard a rowdy crowd of boys enter the store. They all seemed to be talking at once, and the room was filled with a mixture of deep voices laughing and yelling across the room to each other.
I jumped back when I heard a loud bang as something fell and hit the hard floor.

"Whoa! Dude what the hell?!" one of them yelled

"I didn't mean to I swear," another one said, and I shook my head.

Boys. I swear they're all idiots.

I finished putting on my shirt and went to go stand in front of the mirror just outside the room.

I swung the door open and my eyes widened when I heard something bang into the door. I then heard someone start cursing under their breath and quickly went around the other side of the door when I realized what happened, "Oh my god! I am so sorry!" I yelled as a guy turned around with a hand covered in blood that was spewing out of his nose.

"Kian are you alright?" another boy came rushing to the scene and my eyes widened in recognition.

Shit.

I had just slammed a door into Kian Lawley's face!!

I turned my head and saw that the other guy who came up was JC, a worried looking Ricky close behind him. I turned back to Kian, "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to... a-are you okay?" I asked him.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," he told me, and after a couple seconds, I finally remembered that there was blood gushing out of the guy's face. I did a quick search around the store and saw that the lady at the front desk had gotten a tissue box and was holding it up for us to take. I ran to her, grabbed the tissues with a small nod of appreciation, and then went back to Kian and handed the whole lot of it to him. He nodded his head in thanks and grabbed the tissues from my hand.

He pressed it on his nose and I stood and watched as JC and Ricky went over to talk to the lady who had kindly given me the tissues. I turned back to Kian, "There must be some way I can make it up to you... I am so so sorry. Seriously if there is any way at all - "

"Tell you what," Kian said, cutting me off mid-sentence, "If you're not busy right now, why don't we hang out?"

Wait. Did Kian just offer to hang out with me? I felt my face heat up as I began to blush.

"R-really? With a girl like me?!" Calm down Paige...

Ahem.

"I mean... I'd love to!" I suddenly remembered the un-paid clothes I was wearing and I turned to go back in the dressing room.

"Uh, just let me get changed first."

I ran back into the dressing room and changed back into my clothes as fast as I could, then I grabbed the shirt and pants and opened up the door -carefully this time - then I ran over to the register and paid for the clothes. At this point, I didn't care what they looked like on me.

I then went to find Kian and saw him waiting by the front of the store. JC and Ricky were no longer with him. I walked over to him, "I'm back!" I said cheerfully. "Okay, let's go then." he said, and we walked out of the store together.

_______________________________________________________________________

(Author's Note)

First chapter is done!

I hope that you liked it! Also if you have any questions, comments, or constructive criticism, you're free to say something! This is my first fanfic so I'd be happy to hear what you think.

Bye...for now😊👋