1

AN- I know I just started to write this but I forgot that I had planned everything out and didn't find the plans until now so I'm trying to fix it. If you have any questions just left me know and I can try and help.- 4/9/22

Soza grew up in the palace along with her cousins Prince Zuko and Princess Azula. All three of them were firebenders and they were all in the same classes. Soza was named after Zuko and Azula's grandfather to honor his rule. Her father was the great General Iroh, he hadn't been around much being the general of one of the biggest fire nation fleet. They were trying to get into the walls of Ba Sing Se, they largest Earth kingdom. If they were to take down Ba Sing Se then they war was practically won.

Soza spent most of her time with Azula mainly because Azula would drag her around the palace and force her to spend time with her. Soza didn't mind but some of the games that Azula liked to play just wasn't something that Soza wanted to get involved with. But what could she do, she didn't want to insult her cousin and knowing Azula she would find some sort of way to get back at Soza for it.

Azula practiced and helped train Soza to be as ruthless as she was, they were practically firebending masters by the age of ten. One day during practice Azula and Soza were sparring against each other, Soza kicked her foot out in front of her intending to shoot a blast of fire at Azula but there was no fire. Soza had airbended and threw Azula back a couple of feet, the blast of air wasn't powerful enough to cause any damage to the princess but they were both stunned.

Azula grew a wicked grin on her face and disappeared from the room while Soza stood shocked and almost in tears. She kept thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to her family now. Two guards came up behind her grabbing her by the arms and leading her down the halls and towards the throne room where the firelord was sitting there waiting for her.

Soza could feel the tears rolling down her face now, anyone would be terrified with the firelord sitting behind the large wall of never dying flames. "My daughter tells me you airbended at her, is that correct?" She was shaking now, she couldn't get any words out or she would start to sob so she just nodded her response. The firelord sat behind his wall of flames in contemplation.

"I didn't mean to, I swear. I didn't even know I could airbend, all I've known was firebending." Soza managed to choke out her plea, still shaking in fear. The firelord seemed to make up his mind over something but he didn't say anything about his decision he waved his hand as if to dismiss her, two guards grabbed her by her arms and began to lead her back to her room, Azula was standing outside of the room when they walked by.

"Azula I am so sorry I didn't mean to do that I swear. Please forgive me." Soza dropped down to her knees in front of the princess pleading for her to spare her and her family. Azula smirked down at her. "Oh don't worry Soza nothing is going to happen to you I see promise in you." The guards stood Soza back on her feet and led her to her bedroom. Where they stood guard at the door until they were given other instructions.

Soza sat in her room for hours trying to think of all the possibilities of Azula's words, she didn't understand what she had meant by promise. Azula was the first person to enter her room the next day. "Father has decided what we're going to do with you" She had a wicked smirk on her face. "I think that you are the second Avatar, and you can be very useful to the fire nation if you are trained properly. Father has some big plans for the future and you Soza are going to help bring those plans to life."

AN-(Soza is 10 when this takes place but  by the time Aang comes out of the Ice burg she is the same age as he is 12. I do not own the picture but I would like to base Soza of the girl in it)