5

Soza woke once night fell, she looked up at the stars and did exactly as her previous life told her. Now she was able to navigate the stars, Zander the Avatar that taught her how to read the stars told her that the closest land would be towards the south so that was the direction that she was going to go. Soza rowed her boat for a little while before she came to a realization that would save her a lot of time.

She placed the oars down in the bottom of the boat and started to test out her idea. Soza thrust her hands in front of her focusing on sending out a blast of air to propel the boat, this would take less of her energy and it would be faster than rowing the boat all night long. And thankfully with her firebending she was able to keep herself warm all night so she didn't freeze to death.

Soza was able to sneak past the blockade during the night, it also helped that the ships were quite large and no one could really see the tiny boat that she was in. It only took a few more hours before Soza reached land, she was hungry and exhausted. She flopped out of the boat and onto the sand of the beach, Soza was ecstatic to finally be on land again, she wasn't fond of traveling on boats. The constant rocking always made her sick.

Soza layed there on her back for a while longer until her stomach growled at her. "Ok I'll feed you. No need to yell about it." she sighed, standing up and waded a little ways into the water where she stood completely still in hopes that a fish would swim by her. It took a while before Soza's patience started to wear thin but she stuck it out just a little bit longer, a smile grew on her face once a fish swam up to her hand. Soza quickly wrapped her fingers around the slimy scales of the fish, yanking it out of the water.

The fish wriggled in her hand trying to break free, Soza was almost slapped in the face by the fish. She tossed the fish onto the beach and began to wait for another one.

—-------

Aang, Sokka and Katara were all sitting on the back of Appa, all of them were relieved to have gotten out of the temple without injury. Katara sat there deep in thought, the fire sage that had helped them through the secret passage had mentioned the second Avatar was there at the temple but no one saw her and they didn't know if she had gotten out of the temple after Avatar Roku started to destroy it.

"Aang I have a question." Aang turned to look at her. "Of course Katara, ask away." Katara seemed to contemplate her words. "Well you remember when that fire sage told us that the Second Avatar was there at the temple? Well I think Sokka and I ran into her but we didn't realize who she was at the time and we thought she was trying to capture us and that's when we all got stuck at that dead end with the entrance to the passage way."

"I guess what I'm trying to ask you is if you think she got off the island?" Aang thought of her words for a minute. "I think I would somehow know if she didn't make it, like the universe would tell me." It got quiet between them. " I hope that she made it, I don't know how I would be able to defeat the Fire Lord without her. Avatar Roku said that she would be the key to his downfall." Katara hugged the younger boy in comfort.

"Don't worry Aang we're going to find her and then you two can defeat him together then live the rest of your lives together and be happy." Sokka said, giving him an encouraging pat on the shoulder. Aang gave him an appreciative smile. "Thanks Sokka."

"No problem Aang."

—-------

Soza was able to catch two fish for dinner, she didn't think she would have the patience to try and catch another. She easily created a small fire with her bending and cooked her fish. While it was sitting over the fire she wondered a little bit trying to find things she could make some sort of shelter with. There wasn't much laying around but she was able to gather some large sticks and used some of her spare clothes to drape over the stick so make a raggedy looking tent for her to sleep in for the night.

She ate her dinner and went to bed hoping she would be able to find some sort of a village during her travels the next day.