10

The next few days were a breeze for Soza, one that she could actually waterbend; she didn't have any problems picking up on anything Huu wanted to teach her. Huu was almost ready to deem her a master waterbender but there was one more thing he wanted her to try. One of the fishermen had burned himself while stoking the fire that morning and Huu wanted to see if Soza could heal him.

He hadn't told her what he had planned yet, he had just told her to meet him at their normal practice area. Soza made sure that she was early enough so she could get some of her regular practice in before the lesson with Huu. Soza quickly ran through her regular routine before Huu and the fisherman arrived and she had plenty of time to spare so she meditated until they got there. Soza was relaxed by the sound of the water around her and let it pull her into a calm state that helped clear her mind.

Suddenly it was like Soza was looking through someone else's eyes. At first all she could see was blue but after a moment she could actually see what was in front of her. There was a blue haze with everything she saw but she could see what was going on. Whoevers eyes she was looking through must have been somewhere cold because all Soza could see was ice buildings surrounding her.

They turned a corner and Soza could see that there were fire nation soldiers fighting what looked like water benders. With one wipe of her arm the fire nation soldiers were wiped out and she was moving on to more soldiers. Once they reached a large wall Soza could see the large ocean on the other side and the hundreds of fire navy ships littering the water in front of her. Soza felt dread settle in her stomach once she realized that the fire nation was attacking the Northern Water Tribe.

Soza blinked and the next thing she knew she was sitting back in the swamp and now Huu was standing in front of her with a fisherman who had a large wound on his hand. Soza gave them both a look of confusion but Huu quickly explained what he wanted Soza to try and she didn;t have any objections. It would probably be a good idea for her to learn how to heal if she was going to be helping get rid of the war.

Soza followed all of her instructions perfectly and it only took her a few tries to get it right but she was able to heal the wound and all that was left was a slight scar on his hand. He thanked her and made his way back to the boats so he could get on with his day. Huu congratulated Soza on her accomplishment and they went on to practice a few more things before they split from each other to do the rest of their regular chores.

Soza couldn't shake the horrible feeling that sat in her stomach the entire day after seeing what was happening to the Northern Water Tribe. She felt horrible that her nation was attacking other nations for their own sick pleasure. She couldn't just sit by and let them destroy everything while she got to roam the world learning the elements. It was then that Soza decided that she was going to continue her journey, she only had one more element to learn and then all she had to do is find the first Avatar and they could bring peace and harmony to the four nations.

That night Soza packed her bag and went to dinner like she normally would, she would be leaving before the sun rose. She made sure to cherish her last moments with the tribe before she wouldn't see them again. Maybe if everything went well she would be able to go and see them again once the war was over but Soza had a feeling everything wouldn't go how she wanted it to. Once everyone went to bed Soza wrote a letter to Huu explaining why she was leaving and that she hoped to see him again.

Soza was somehow able to wake up before the sun rose and none of the tribe was awake yet, so it was the perfect time for her to leave before anyone could see her. Everything was already packed up and ready to go. She just had to leave. Soza left the letter to Huu out on top of her bed so that when he came looking for her he would be able to find it and know that she was no longer there.