3

When Soza finally made it to the temple with the fire sages she was quickly ushered off the boat and into the temple where she was led to a room where she could unpack her few things she had brought with her. The boat that brought her here left as soon as she stepped foot on the island, leaving her with no chance of leaving unless she wanted to try and swim her way home. She was currently outside trying to remember how she had airbended the first time.

If anyone were to see her while passing by they would think she was crazy flailing her limbs around trying to produce some sort of airbending. Soza flopped on the ground still not knowing how to start learning how to airbend. Sitting outside in the fresh air was relaxing, Soza thought maybe she could meditate for a little while and maybe an idea would form and she could get on with training.

It didn't take long for something to happen, Soza opened her eyes feeling the shift around her, but she was no longer looking out at the ocean; she was in some sort of swamp. There were all kinds of creatures roaming around like wispy little spirits. Soza looked astonished at everything around her. Everything was so peaceful, Soza began to wander around, she wasn't sure what she was looking for but somehow she knew she could find it here.

As she walked her surroundings changed quickly, the scenery shifted with every step she took. At first she was in a swap area and just two steps away she was in a sunny meadow full of flowers, then she was in a dark forest where the trees seemed to have eyes of their own. There were many cute spirits floating about and none paid any mind to Soza as she wandered about their home.

Soza found another meadow, there was a slight breeze in the tall grass and up on a little hill was a tree. She made her way under the tree and sat down. This was probably the most relaxing place she could ever experience. Soza decided this would be the perfect place to meditate on how she would learn airbending. She took a deep calming breath as she settled into her spot. It didn't take long for her to relax, but all she could think about was how she was going to learn airbending.

The breeze started to shift around her and as soon as it settled she opened her eyes. Infront of her sat what looked to be an Air Nomad. She was wearing orange and yellow robes that wrapped around her body, she had shoulder length hair and there was a blue arrow on her forehead and on the tops of her hands and feet. She looked happy to see her, like she was expecting Soza to summon her.

"Hello young Avatar" the air nomad greeted Soza warmly. "How can I help you?" Soza stare at her for a few more seconds. "Do you mean that you're here because of me?" Soza didn't understand how any of this Avatar stuff worked, there weren't many people around while she was growing up who were willing to talk about the Avatars.

The air nomad smiled at her. "Of course young Avatar, you summoned me here." Soza tried to think of what she was going to say next and the words were stuck in her head. "Oh well, uh" she scratched the back of her head trying to fit the words together." I guess I summoned you when I was trying to think of how I was going to learn to airbend right?" the air nomad smiled and nodded her head. "Yes indeed Avatar. I am one of your past lives, I was born an airbender and lived in the western air temple." Soza stared at her in amazement.

"Wow, I didn't know I could contact my past lives, I don't really know much about being the second Avatar." Soza seemed sheepish to admit that she didn't know anything about her history, especially when she was talking to one of her past lives.

"Yes Soza if you wish to speak with them you can, there are many lives before you going back thousands of years, don't be afraid to admit your lack of knowledge we are here to help you in any way that we can. So what is it that you desire to know?" Soza began to get more comfortable around the air nomad, she relaxed more in her spot.

"Well I was sent here to try and learn how to airbend but I can't really learn if I don't know anything about it, so I guess I want to ask for your help in teaching me how to airbend." The air nomad stood and began to walk into the middle of the field of tall grass. She got a few feet away before she turned back around to see if Soza was following her.

"Come along now you have much to learn" 

---------(not my picture but this is the woman that I picture the female air nomad)