Chapter VI: The Spear of Light

Y/N's POV

We descended into the deep hole by rope, I turned on my flashlight on my helmet as our surroundings got darker and darker the deeper we go.

About a few minutes later, we finally hit the ground, I scanned the area until we found a giant temple structure that is shining bright thanks to the hole that connects the underground to the surface.

"Wow~! So this is the temple of light?" Yuna said in amazement.

"It sure is and I can smell a great adventure for all of us! Come on now!" Beomgyu said to us before we go to the entrance of the temple.

Once we got to the giant gate of the temple it had a bizarre-looking keyhole of some kind. Beomgyu came forth to examine the lock but with no luck.

I scanned the gate with heat-vision to reveal any kind of hidden clues as to how to open the gate but none. I turned off the heat vision. When I touched the Darksaber on my utility belt, it gave me a theory.

If I'm correct, the energy blade should be able to fit inside the hole, it's the only idea I can come up with. I drew the hilt and ignited it making a bright and black-colored energy blade, I approached the lock and insert the blade inside.

This made the gate brightly shine at us and we covered our eyes until the lights disappeared and the gate slowly opened making a loud grinding noise of stone and rocks. I withdrew the Darksaber and put it back on my utility belt before proceeding further.

As we go inside, we see giant ancient statues of warriors and many other deities that the ancient civilization used to worship.

When we got to the front entrance of the temple, we pushed it open with all of our strength since it was heavy and hadn't been opened in years. Once we got the doors open wide enough, we enter.

"Golly, there are so many ancient symbols and texts that I have no idea what they mean! There's so much to explore here." Beomgyu explained enthusiastically as he took pictures of them.

We continue to go further inside, there we faced a hallway full of rooms and at the end of the hallway appears to be a shrine.

We decided to go into the shrine room first, once we did so, we were greeted by giant statues of ancient warriors wearing armor it looked similar to ancient beskar armor.

"Why does the statue's armor look alike to beskar armor?" I asked Beomgyu and he closely examined each one of them.

"Ah! I get it now! This temple was built by your ancestors, Prince Chou Y/N, thousands of years ago." Beomgyu answered me which made me go in awe of the temple's history even more.

"That's fascinating! But what was the temple for? Worshipping?" Leeseo curiously asked him.

"I don't know the answer to that, at least not yet until we explore the temple further." Beomgyu answered her and she nodded.

We proceed to have a look around the temple and I see in the middle of the shrine room, there was an ancient podium with the light from the surface shining on it.

I go up to it and looked up at the surface sky and to the podium to see a shape of a spear but no spear of light. Shame.

However, it does like the same shape as the beskar spear, I drew it out and examined the similarities. I'm beginning to think there's something more to this temple and it's not just for worshipping but something else.

"Did you find something interesting?" Yuna asked before going up to me to see what I was looking at.

"Yuns, there could be something more with this temple's history than we imagined." I explained to her which made her raise an eyebrow.