Three

I stood there with my towel wrapped around me completely stunned. Pink started creeping up my cheeks as I looked down in embarrasment. He shut the door and I realized I had been holding my breath. I released it and shivered at the cold attacking my bare legs and shoulders. I quickly walked to the bathroom door and locked it. I spent about twenty minutes putting on my clothes and doing my hair. When I finally came out of the bathroom, I felt refreshed and a little more clear. I walked into my room and spotted Matt laying back on my bed reading through my schedule that I left on the
nightstand.

"Finding that interesting?" I said smiling as I rolled my clothes into my towel and put them in the dirty clothes hamper in the far corner of my room. He reached across the bed, put it back on the nightstand, and sat up.

"Marine biology? Really? You're the best pianist I've everheard, and you chose to swim with fish?" He said pursing his lips. I leaned back against my closet doors and crossed my arms.

"So what? People change, they move on, they wake up. I grew up, and Marine Biology is the next best thing for me." I let my smile drop remembering the times he would plead for me to play for him and when we would talk about our dreams and what we wanted for our futures.

But he wasn't there for me to tell about my scholarship to Seabrook University, and how my dad destroyed my piano and along with it, my dreams. I told myself I was over him leaving and not keeping in touch, but deep down, I still resented him for it. His lips formed into a line as he rested back against his hands.

"I grew up, and I didn't leave my dreams." He said watching me carefully.

"But you left me." I mumbled under my breath, looking at the floor. A small look of hurt flashed in his eyes and I felt a little guilty for saying it. He sighed heavily.

"I know you're mad at me Ki. I left you alone to deal with everything you've been through and I'm sorry I left. I'm really sorry." The sincerity  in his words was clear and I could tell he knew he'd hurt me, but the two years of anger and un-released feelings I had towards him wasn't just going to dissapear because he apologized when he felt like it later. But regardless of that, I searched his eyes for a reason to anyway.

Suddenly, he stood up and walked towards me. My eyes remained locked with his as his towering, strongly built frame approached me. He stopped six inches in front of me and knelt down on one knee. Suprise spread across my face and the hardness I had put there dissapeared. He smirked and looked up at me.
"Shut up, its not what you think." I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief as he grabbed my hand tenderly holding it with his own.

"Kiara Daniels, will you pretty-please with a cherry on top, forgive me for leaving you, and hurting you the way I did. Please take me back as your best friend, and I in turn, will never leave you again." The look on his face was dead serious and I think that was why I bursted out in laughter.

"Okay, okay. I'll think about it ok? I can't just forgive you just like that. But I'm not mad at you anymore." He smiled and picked me up spinning me around. I shrieked with laughter realizing that I really wasn't mad at him anymore. I mean, how could I be? He was here now and that's what mattered, and I missed him anyway. Once he finally put me down, he looked at me amused.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said smiling,"it's just, you haven't changed a bit."

"I can't really say the same for you, your buff and practically a tower." I laughed. He looked down at me smiling. Suddenly, his smile dropped and all the emotion flooded out of his face as he took a step back. My own smile faded in response and confusion at the sudden mood change took it's place.

"What is it Matt?"

He stuck his hands deep in his pockets as he looked at me. The look that he wore began to scare me.

"What is it?"

"I never told you why I was here."

"Yeah, how did you find me? I haven't even spoken to you or your parents since you left." I asked, puzzled.

"I have my ways."

"Stalker much?" I said trying to lighten the mood, but his alarming expression remained the same. "And I thought you were visiting. To check up on me I guess." He shook his head.

"Kiara, do you know a woman named Liana Jones?" I shook my head. Anxiously waiting for the news that brought him back to me after hid two year dissapearing act.

He paused quickly running his fingers through his hair."Kiara, she's your real mother."

So what do you think? How is Kiara going to respond to that? Thanks for the support. Part four will be up soon!