Seven

Finally, after a five hour flight, the plane had landed. I didn't pay any attention to the things around me; too focused on trying to figure everything out.

Once Matt had fallen asleep, I just stared out the window of the plane trying to piece everything together. Matt being in this vigilante kind of group, kind of made sense as to why he didn't contact me. And now I understood why I never felt like I belonged. But there were still unanswered questions that had me stumped. Like, why and how did I end up seperated from my real parents?

I started spinning wild stories around in my mind. Maybe my real mother got freaked out after she realized the truth about my dad and ran with me, dropping me off at some church. Or maybe, it was a one night thing and my dad moved on before they knew my birth mom was pregnant with me.

Worst case scenario; they didn't want me.

Either way, the only way I'd know the truth, was if I saw her; my real mother.
I turned my head at the sound of movement going on in front of us. People were waking up, streching, and leaving.

"Thank you for flying with us." A deep voice over the intercom had said. I looked over at Matt and he was sound asleep. I couldn't help but look for just a second longer. There was something that changed about him when he slept, something I couldn't quite pin-point.

I twisted around competely in my seat with my torso facing him. I placed my hands on his muscular forearm and shook him gently. His eyes fluttered open as he turned his head to face me.

"I was having the best dream of my life, but thank you anyway for ruining it." The corners of his mouth twisted upward into a lazy smirk.
I laughed softly as he rubbed his eyes and checked his watch.

"You're welcome. Anyway, I think it's time to go so...."

Before I had the chance to finish, he had already stood up adjusting his jeans that had slid down a bit. His tall firm frame greeted me with a large, but gentle hand that pulled me to my feet.

"Ladies first." He gestured with his hands for me to move in front of him. I nodded and smiled at his playful "gentlemenly" gestures.

When we got off of the plane, we were greeted by a gentle, yet chilling breeze that blew my hair into my face and made goosebumbs rise all over my skin. Once I brushed it out of the way, I took in the sight of the orange and pink glow of the sun as it slowly set behind the transparent airport. The glow of the sun bounced of the glass and shining steel metal of the airport and sent beautiful shadows dancing over the ground.

I stepped down from the retractable stairs of the plane and onto the hard, bare concrete below. It felt a little strange to be back on the ground after five hours in the air. I got the strong urge to lay down on my stomach and kiss the ground saying, 'Thank you' over and over again, but I pushed that aside and took in the scene before me.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard Matt's warm and familiar voice say beside me. I turned my head to the side to look at him. He was staring at the sky just above the airport. The way the light was hitting his face and his eyes made him seem almost....angelic and beautiful. I shook my head shaking the thought out of my mind. I looked back up and asked smartly, "The airport?" I could see him glance at me, amused, out of the corner of my eye.

"The sunset. It's the most beautiful when you catch it at the right moment, at the right place, and-" He stopped suddenly when his eyes landed on the airport windows. I looked at him questioningly.

" And... what?" I asked, confused as to why he stopped.

His mouth formed into a wide smile as he quickly pulled me by my hand towards the airport doors. I was out of breath by the time we got inside. I looked like an idiot standing in the entrance of the waiting room panting heavily so I walked slowly over to the closest seat to catch my breath.