Chapter 12: His Name is Adrian Chase

Oliver walked the last few paces to the entrance of the monastery. 

'You sure this is the place?' Oliver asked. 

'I don't see any other monasteries on this mountain,' Curtis replied over the line. 'Felicity's note said something about a demon - oh, wait, maybe that says "lemon". Anyway - I texted her, but she has not hit me back.' Oliver stepped up, noticing the strange and grotesque carvings of the heads on the front door. 

'It says demon,' Oliver replied simply. 

'Oliver, I'm losing you!' 

'I'll see you back in Star City.' Curtis attempted to rectify the problem, but it was too late. The feed from Oliver's mic was gone. Oliver stepped inside the monastery to see about six or so people in black, going through martial arts routines. Oliver stepped up and spoke as the people in black noticed his presence and stood to see him. 'Where is she?' 

'Who are you?' a woman in black asked, removing the lower face portion of her mask, revealing her face to him. 

'I'm a former student.' 

'Former, which means you are not welcome,' the woman hissed. Then they all began to fight him. He took them on with ease, but before things could get seriously out of hand, a female's voice shouted from the balcony above. 

'Hold!' The students all stood to attention, looking at their master. 'Leave us.' The students filtered out of the room as a woman dressed in black leather armour came down the stairs. 'I would apologise for my students' enthusiasm, but you should not have come to this place.' 

'Well, Talia, it was difficult to find.' 

'Our business together concluded five years ago.' 

'No,' Oliver snapped. 'One of your former students is trying to kill me.' 

'Oh, he doesn't want to kill you, Oliver,' Talia replied blankly. 'He means to destroy you utterly.' 

'You knew?' he asked, somewhat shocked. 'If you knew, then why did you train him? Why wouldn't you warn me?' 

'Two years ago, he sought me out. He'd already learned much about you. He's a man of remarkable capacity.' 

'Talia, enough!' Oliver exclaimed angrily. 'If you knew what he wanted, why would you train him?' 

'You killed his father, and I helped him in his pursuit of vengeance, because by then you'd already killed mine! I never told you my full name, did I?' 

'No, you didn't.' 

'It's Talia al Ghul.' 

'Ra's al Ghul was your father,' Oliver said slowly in realisation. 

'Yes. My father and I came to be at odds, so I forged my own path. But he was still my father when you put a sword throiugh his chest.' 

'So that's why you're not gonna help me. That's why you won't tell who this Prometheus is.' 

'Of course I will, Oliver, because I want you to suffer. He calls himself Adrian Chase.' 

In Star City... 

Adrian Chase walked to his car, when suddenly a green-tipped arrow shot through a rearview mirror and broke the glass of a car nearby. He stopped in his tracks and turned to greet the Green Arrow with a sinister smile on his face. 

'I got to tell you,' Adrian said, 'I don't know how that mask is gonna play here, especially since the city's not too fond of your alter ego these days.'