Chapter 18: The Island

Lian Yu. 

The bags were yanked off of their heads, exposing them to the bright sunlight. Several assassins, clothed in black, cuffed them all together in a single chain and threw them down on the forest floor. John groaned. 

'Diggle? Felicity?' Curtis asked. 

'We're okay. You okay?' Felicity asked. 

'We're fine. A little north of pissed off, though,' Quentin snapped. 

'Rene? Dinah? Where are they?' John asked. 

'Not with us,' Thea replied. The group turned to see Adrian Chase, Earth 2's Laurel Lance, Evelyn Sharp, and myself (Evelyn Queen) walk down towards the group as a bunch of fighters in black, seemingly the League, stood around. 

'Relax,' Adrian said mockingly. 'Enjoy the weather.' He stopped in front of Felicity. 'Ms. Smoak.' 

'Anybody ever tell you how much you suck at life?' Curtis snapped, but not before a League member put his blade to Curtis' neck, effectively shutting him up. 

'No,' Adrian snapped back. 'Care to be the first?' John and Thea looked over at me, standing next to Chase, wearing my full suit. 

'You betrayed us,' John growled at me. I scoffed. 

'Funny what a little art of distraction can do during a prisoner transfer,' I retorted, letting a small smile slip, kneeling down to face him. 'Oliver was just as surprised to see me. But you guys... wow, can't say the same. I had nothing to do with your kidnappings. The only thing I was responsible for was orchestrating the mess that set my love free from ARGUS' hold. Your wife's guards are shit, by the way,' I said, directing my last words at John. Chase extended his hand, and I took it and stood up again. 

'Why are we here?' Thea asked, not taking her eyes off of me. 

'So you recognise this place?' Adrian asked. 'That's good.' 

'Oliver's gonna come for us,' Thea yelled after him, as Adrian, myself, Evelyn Sharp and Laurel began to walk away. 

'Oh, I'm counting on it, sis.' 

'Damn it. Chase is using us as bait,' John said, trying to pull out of the chains. 'He wants to draw Oliver out.' 

'The numbers aren't exactly in his favor,' Quentin remarked. 

'He's faced worse odds before,' Felicity defended. 

'Yeah, with the help of you and John, Roy and Laurel and Thea, and the rest of us.' 

'Curtis is right,' John said. 'Oliver can't do this alone.' 

On another part of the island... 

Oliver opened the door of the ARGUS prison and stepped inside, dropping the duffle bag at the door. He stepped forward, towards the prison cell, and took a deep breath. 

'I need your help,' he said softly. 

'Hey, kid,' the deep, gruff voice of Slade Wilson said from the back of the cell, turning to him with a soft smile. 'I'm glad you came back.'