22

After a whole night of partying, we all kinda just sat outside in my garden just watching the sun come up. As the sun slowly came up, I could feel the rosy glow on my skin and blind my eyes with its beauty, how I can feel the cool breeze blow my hair back and how the different colours of pink, yellow and blue blend together on an easel to create a beautiful painting. "I wish moments like this could last forever," I said as I lay my head on Betty's shoulder and feel Kevin slowly drifting off to sleep with his head on my shoulder. "Remember when we were all little in school and there was the talent show. Kev did a one-man show, Cheryl did ballet, Betty did a poem and the three of us were supposed to do I think it was a dance but we all ended up throwing up at the same time and we won!". We all started laughing as we remember our childhood. "I remember that Cheryl and Kevin actually cried while I clapped for you guys as I thought it was the performance. What?! You guys were really convincing at the time," We all just look at B laughing. "Oh god, I was devastated. How did I lose to that?" Cheryl said as she smiled at me. "No one will ever live up to that performance ever," Kev said as I look around to see Archie, Jug, Betty, Kev and Cheryl as we kinda stare into the sky wondering what today will bring. It's just moments like these that make me feel like a kid again but it doesn't always last.

After everyone went home, I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast with my dad. "Dad, I just wanna say that I'm sorry if I haven't been there for you... I didn't know-". "-Don't you ever say such crap okay. You honestly make me so proud every day, I'm happy to see you moving forward with life Lila, there was a time when you lost yourself and it... It scared me because I thought I lost you and Anna that day but one day I got up and found you cooking pancakes. They were all burnt but you laughed. I hadn't seen you laugh in a really long time, you looked crazy while doing it but... You know what I mean. You woke up and decided to live for yourself and Anna which I'm proud of. I just need the time to do the same, your mother and I were together for a long time and I gave up a lot for her even being a serpent because I loved her. I just need time to heal on my own sweetheart, watching you grow and take on things by yourself... I'm freaking proud to be your dad and it gives me the strength to get out of bed, you've done more for me than you'll ever know okay," I cried as we hugged. I switched on the radio as we danced and made pancakes in the kitchen before we said our I love yous and headed off to school. My dad has always been my strength, and to know that he makes me the happiest person in the world.

"You guys, I'm worried about my dad. The town is turning on him. He's trying his best under these crazy circumstances, but this Black Hood stuff is really getting to him," Kev says as he tells the gang and I give him a hug. "What's going on with him?" I asked. "He's not sleeping. He's not eating. I hear him rummaging around the house at odd hours, talking to himself, just heading out in the middle of the night.". "Doing what?" Everyone asked. "I don't know. But whatever it is, it's... It's like he's a different person. I'm sorry guys I just need to be alone for a little while," Kev says as he gives me a kiss on my forehead and heads out. I hate seeing him like this. "I bet his dad is the black hood," Veronica says out of nowhere. "Are you okay?" I asked as Betty and I just looked at her with blank faces. "I mean that would explain the sneaking around and the bad moods.". "Or that could be him having an affair or some secret that isn't black hood related," I said, I couldn't believe it as I said out loud. "This is crazy. This is Kevin's dad we're talking about! We need evidence to sort these theories," B said. "So we're clearly doing a stakeout tonight then?" I said as B nodded and Veronica nods her head too. The three of us followed him to a motel in the middle of the night for the heart of Riverdale. "Is this how he picks his victims?" Veronica asks as we hide behind a wall so he can't see us. "Sh!" I say as someone opens the door. "Holy cow!" I say as we see... Mayor McCoy better known as Josie's mom! They both full-on makeout as they enter the room and the door slams shut. We just head back to Pop's in silence as we were just in shock. "Okay I'm the first of us to snap out of the shock so I'm clearly amazing because that was a huge twist. I know I said affair but I didn't think with Josie's mum of all people!". "How are we going to tell him?" B says as we see Kevin. How does one tell their best friend in the whole world that their dad is a cheat and fools around with the mayor of all people? Suddenly, the phone rings and Pop answers it. After a few moments of silence, he hangs up the phone. "That was him on the phone. The Black Hood. He says that we've failed his test. That we're all sinners. That the reckoning is upon us.".