6

It was just another day in Riverdale and I was just walking to the art room to finish off my portrait of Archie, Kev, Betty, Jug and I when suddenly, got loads of texts on my phone about something that happened last night. I then saw Kevin and we just ran straight into each other's arms. "Kev, what the hell happened," I screamed as we sat down with the others. "It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane.". "Kev, what were you even doing there? You could've been shot, too," I didn't even wanna think about what could've happened if something happened to Kevin. "I was just night-jogging you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots.". "Can we at least agree now that there's a killer on the loose?". "With terrible aim," Jug and I said at the same time and chuckled. "Guys, he murdered Ms. Grundy.". "Arch, we don't know that these three crimes are related.". "Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived.". Veronica then walked towards us and just kinda stood there as we were all just really quiet. "The new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight. You guys can come over and watch if you want?" She suddenly said and of course Jug couldn't help but laugh. "There's a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross reality dating show?" What I really want is for you guys to be my friends again and meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing very bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine.". "I had no idea we were actually friends in the first place but I almost died twice so, I'll let the fact that I think you're a sly snake slide like you for one night and see how things go," Everyone was just dying of laughter and of course that didn't stop Kevin from high fiving me. "If Lila's going then we'll be there.". "Thanks," Veronica then walked off and we saw Reggie. "Hey, Andrews, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?". " Yeah, for sure.". "You're welcome to come too Landon, I know how you and Moose are kinda close and Midge adores you.". "Yeah sure I'll meet you guys out front," I said as Red kissed me and went off with Reg. "I better go. Was supposed to meet my peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago.". "Wait, are...? Are you sure you can't just keep going here?". "I'll be fine.". "Ooo Jug say hi to the serpents for me and you'll probably meet one of them as soon as you walk in," I said, knowing that Toni, Fangs, Sweetpea and Jug would probably get along just fine. "I will see you guys later.".

 "Finally, it's just us ladies. I was wondering when they would leave," I said as I laughed with Kev but B just looked worried. I'm worried too but I know what Kev's like. He just lost someone he loved and he wants attention. It's normal but I'd rather talk to him when we're alone. "Night-jogging?". "Yeah. I'm trying to get in shape for wrestling.". Really Kev, You'd lie to me too? Yep I'm so joining Betty in giving you the evil uncomfortable stare. "Okay, fine, I was cruising Fox Forest. But I am going out for wrestling. And I had to tell my dad I was jogging.". "And he believed you?" . "Yeah. Cause he wants to believe me," Kev looks at me as I know better than anyone what his dad can be like. "He's not wrong B.". "Hey, look, I get it, you're post-Joaquin, but cruising? Come on, Kev, you know I hate that. Why can't you use Grind'em like every other gay guy in the world?". Here we go, where's popcorn or an exit when I need it? "Nobody's who they say they are online. At least in real life, what you see is what you get, there's no surprises.". "Moose and Midge were shot literally yards from Fox Forest, and the person who did it is still out there. Tell me you won't go back there at least not until he's caught.". I look at Kev, as he knows that I agree with B that its not safe. "Okay, fine. I will not go back. Scout's honor.". The bell rang and I kissed them both goodbye as I went to go meet Reggie and Archie as we went to the hospital to see Midge and Moose. I walk in and I instantly get the biggest hug from Midge and Moose just laughs then whines from pain. "Hey Lila, thanks for coming. It means a lot guys," Moose says as Midge just doesn't let go. "It's okay, I'm just glad nothing happened to you guys," I gave Moose a kiss on the head. "If I wasn't such a big slab of beef, Midge might've been hit too.". "You saved her life, bro. Your nurse is hot. Cause like what if you pop a boner during like a sponge bath?" I just looked at Reggie and smacked him in the back of the head. "And it wasn't a ski mask? He was wearing a black hood for sure? Anything else you remember about how he looked?". "His eyes. They're green, right?". "They were blank. It was like there wasn't even a person behind them. He was like Michael Myers. He had the devil's eyes.". All I could feel was so unsafe. A part of me wants to leave because I don't know if I'll ever feel safe in this town again but... I can't leave. What if people just keep dying or getting attacked? I can't keep watching people I love get hurt around me, I just feel weak. I suddenly got a phone call from my dad and I just stepped outside for some privacy. "Hey dad, I'm just at the hospital. Moose and Midge are okay.". "Hello Lila," It couldn't be. No... There's no way it could- "Mum?".