3

I went after Kev outside and saw him stare at the clouds. "Everytime I stare at the sky, I think of the stars and they take me back to the time when I first met Joaquin. As happy as I am for everyone because everyone else is just in love, I can't help but think... I'm going to get left behind Lila. I'm nothing. Joaquin left me like that, like it meant nothing. Now you've joined the serpents, where there are people who did bad terrible things Lila. What if you get caught up in it and I can't save you? I can't lose you too," Kevin started to cry and I just hugged him. I feel horrible, I didn't even think about his feelings. "Babe, I'm so sorry you feel that way. Kevin, I would never leave you behind! You're my everything and anywhere I go, I'm taking you with me. Don't you remember all the plans we made ever since we were little kids? We both promised each other that we were gonna go to NYU together and live in very cheap apartments with probably ten other students, we'd both go on crazy adventures together, go on double dates and have the time of our lives together. Did you honestly think that I would forget about everything? I love you Kevin, you're the Rose to my Jack," We both started getting a bit teary and we just hugged each other. "I thought I lost you Lila, I was terrified. What would I do without the only person I love in this world?". "You'd have to suffer with Betty and Jughead foreverrr," We both laughed and I just rested my head on his shoulder. "Are we okay?" Kev nodded and we headed back inside to spend quality time with just each other and my dad was third wheeling until everyone came back and some other people came to give Archie and I support. After getting hugs from Reggie and his bulldogs as well as Josie and the Pussycats, we had a little chat while waiting for the doctor. Is it just me or does Reggie look a bit different? "Thanks, Reggie.". "Bulldogs are here for you guys.". "And so are the Pussycats. We're sending your dad our prayers and giving him as many of our nine lives as he needs.". "Thanks, Josie.". "Lila explained that you were down at the sheriff's station? Did they maybe get the guy?". "Yeah, but it wasn't him. He's still out there," I saw the disappointment on everyone's face as soon Archie said they didn't find him. "Archie. He's in Room 3 , you can see him now.". "Okay, thank you," Archie turned around to face me and kissed me on the head as he quickly went to go see his dad. I quickly answered my phone and it was B with some bad news but it gave me an idea. I asked B and Jug for a favour then I hung up quickly."Dad, could you maybe do me a quick favour?" I whispered the favour in his ear and he quickly left the hospital.

After awhile, my dad came back and I gave him the biggest hug. I then approached Red with a little something. "For your dad when he wakes up, which he will, very, very soon. This is just a little temporary something until we find long lost true love," Archie looks at the new wallet and opens it to reveal two photos, one with Archie and his dad and the other with Archie, Vegas, his dad and I from when we were kids. "Lila...When did you even go to Barnaby's?". " I didn't. I sent my dad but that's not the only thing I did. Do you not like it Red?". He chuckled then pulled me in for a hug. "You are the best girlfriend ever. And I do not deserve you.". "Why do you say that Red?". "Lila, can I, uh... Can I tell you about this... This thing that happened at Pop's? After the guy knocked you out". "Yeah...". Suddenly, Jug came in screaming, "Who's hungry? We've got burgers and fries and onion rings. All thanks to Lila!". Everyone started cheering and high fiving me but the nurses were trying to get everyone to calm down. Archie kissed my forehead but he just looked distracted. We all went to a private room to talk and eat. "Your dad would be so proud of you, Arch.". "Yeah, you've really been just a rock-star god through all of this.". We all noticed that Archie had been really quiet. "Red... What is it? Talk to us. Maybe we can help.". "Guys, there's something I haven't told you, 'cause I'm... So... I'm so ashamed. After the guy fired and knocked you Lila, I should've rushed to you or my dad straight away. Or I should've tackled the guy, but I was... I was paralyzed. I didn't move, not even when the guy walked up to me, and he held his gun to my head. And I just closed my eyes, I don't know how long. Long enough for the guy to have taken my dad's wallet, I guess. But I didn't open them until I heard the bell. Pop's bell. Which meant he was gone," I was in shock. What if the situation was worse? "There was nothing else you could've done.". "That's not true, Betty. I could've done anything to comfort my dad and Lila. To get the gun away from the guy. I was a coward. And now, me, Lila and my dad were witnesses, Pop Tate too. This guy may have my dad's wallet, all his information. What if he comes back? What if he comes for us?". We were all scared and only time could tell what was going to happen to us all. Once Mrs. Andrews got to town, and Mr. Andrews was back at home, recovering in his own bed, Archie's true vigil began. He made a promise, a vow to protect his father and the girl that he loves from harm. And as long as the man in the black hood is out there in the night, Archie intended to keep that promise. Never imagining that the Angel of Deathis stalking different streets tonight in the small town of Greendale, just on the other side of Sweetwater River.