Ch.10 ~ Decisions

A/n: I'm so dumb I just realised I've been spelling Jacqui name wrong hahaha I'll go back and correct it soon.

Y/n's POV

The rest of the night was spent calming everyone down and making sure the camp was cleared of walkers.

Carol, Miranda and Lori were in the RV calming the children down, trying to get them to sleep. Andrea still sat by her sister numbly mourning her loss. Shane and TDog were walking the tree line making sure no walkers were there. The rest of us spread out around camp doing the same and checking all the tents.

Glenn and I stuck together since he was still terrified from the earlier events. We made our way over to Carol's tent as requested by her herself, to check on her husband. When we got there though Glenn shone a torch on it showing the splattered blood now coating the sides of it.

The sound of gnawing caught my attention as I nudged Glenn's shoulder and nodded my head towards the tent opening. We walked around and saw a female walker still eating her way at Ed's mangled body.

I grunted in disgust as Glenn whined out. "Oh my god." Sharing a look we stepped around it quietly or tried to but Glenn stood on a stick snapping it and catching the feeding walkers attention.

It's head snapped at us as it growled, standing up and wobbling forward. With a grimace I raised my bow which already had a arrow clipped in, pulled it back and shot the walker clean through the skull. The arrow went straight through the walker's head landing on the roof of the tent.

Sighing I stepped over the walker and pulled my arrow out the tent as I glanced down at the mutilated body of Ed. "I'll tell Carol." I said walking over to Glenn and pulling him away by the arm as he stood frozen in shock. "Come on let's get you to my truck, you can sleep in there tonight. I won't be getting any anyway."

"N-no I'll be fine." Glenn said, gulping.

Looking at him I raised a brow, he avoided eye contact and nodded knowing I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I walked him over and carefully pulled back the flap of my truck. With no walkers in there I allowed Glenn to jump up.

"There's a led light by there if you want it on. I'll be back over once I've told Carol so call out if you need anything." I said as I was going to close the flap.

"Uh Y/n..." Glenn started making me stop and look up. "Thanks." He said. Sending him a tight smile I closed the flap and walked away. I headed over to the Rv meeting Rick there who was coming back from his and Loris tent.

"Hey, you find anything?" He asked as he placed his gun down by the RVs door.

"Yeah... it's not good." I said looking inside and seeing Carol stroking Sophia's head. Rick followed my gaze before placing a hand on my shoulder reassuringly. Defeated, I stepped into the Rv stopping at the top of the steps as Carol looked over. I nudged my head outside before stepping back out. Rick went in as soon as Carol stepped out.

We stepped a little away from the Rv before we spoke. Turning to Carol I began to tell her what Glenn and I found. "Carol I'm S-"

Carol cut me off getting straight to the point. "He's dead, isn't he?" She asked. I nodded solemnly. Carol had tears in her eyes as she brought a hand to her lips trying to muffle her sobs. She collaps to her knees sobbing.

Kneeling down I pulled her hands from her mouth causing her to look up. Not knowing what to say I pulled her into a hug allowing her to cry. We stayed like that for a few minutes till she got up saying she should be by sofias side. I walked her back to the Rv before returning to my truck.

I sat on the small step that led to the back of the truck and sighed as I looked up at the stars. Truth was I had my own worries, I hadn't seen Skylla since we got back and as I watched everyone roll in from their searches I grew anxious fearing the worst outcome.