Ch.43 ~ Dale (Executioner)

3rd person POV

After sun down, when the night sky decorated the land with a navy hue and the cricket chirped away; The boy who we had moved and tied to a tree during our debat was being transferred back to the barn by Three men.

Shane held the boy, walking between Rick who was in front of them and Daryl who followed behind. The rest of the group members, bar Dale and Y/n, had stayed at camp. The sombre feeling left behind from before never wavering as they sat silently around the dim fires waiting for the sound of a gun pop.

As the boys approached the locked up barn they found a girl with H/l H/c hair leant against the door fiddling with a knife as her husky sat at her side. They stopped before her, no words being said as she stood up straight, arms crossed and looked back at Rick assessing him and calculating.

After a minute the welsh ladies E/c eyes left Ricks to send a sympathetic look to the young boy who wouldn't for much longer get to experience what was left of this life or any life. Her head dipped when her eyes flickered behind the teen to a pair of ocean blue eyes looking at her.

She turned her back to the group of boys and unlike the others, who much like Dale had said, were hiding away from this; her own integrity wouldn't forgive her if she turned a blind eye so she pushed open the doors with her and Skylla being the first to step into the dark barn which way a dimly light by the light of the moon and a small lantern Rick carried.

As the bald man dragged the boy into the barn m, the girl watched from the side lines leant up against one of the pillars.

"Wait, wait, wait." The soon to be dead boy pleaded as he was pushing into the room.

"Put him there." Rick commands pointing at the centre of the room.

The limping boy hissed as he was forced forwards on his bad leg which was still healing. Once in the centre of the room Shane came up behind him to tie a blindfold over his eyes so that he wouldn't see Rick hold the gun to him and so Rick wouldn't be swayed by the look of a dying man.

"Woah, hey." Randal said, confused.

"It's all gonna be over soon." Shane mumbled.

"What?" Randal questioned, confused. "What's gonna be over soon?" He asked.

"Relax." Shane says, ignoring the boy's question.

"Hey. Hey. No, no, no, no." Randal panicked.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh." Shane shushed.

Randal began to cry as the blindfold was tied securely by Shane behind his head. Daryl walked up to stand next to Y/n, his arms crossed over his chest as she glared on infront of them, giving the man the cold shoulder.

Rick cocked his gun.

"Would you like to stand or kneel?" Rick asked, his face stoic and voice void of emotions.

No, no, no, please, ple... ahh, Ahh, ah." Randal said as Daryl stepped away from the girl and up to Randal kicking the back of the boy's knees so that he fell onto them. After pulling him to kneel straight he stepped back to the girls side.

Y/n clicked her tongue and looked away from the brunette man who's oceans eyes were trying to look into her own E/c ones.

"Do you have any final words?" Rick asked the crying boy who continued to beg him not to kill him.

As Rick readied his gun in front of the boy a quiet creeping noise behind the pair made Y/n look back to see Carl standing in the barn door way. Her eyes widened as she looked back between Rick and his son shaking her head and muttering quietly. "No." Not wanting to see the boy witness what his dad was about to do.